Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:13:15 PM

Author Topic: THE LATHE PROJECT - 2011  (Read 119578 times)

Re: THE LATHE PROJECT - 2011
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2011, 01:09:23 PM »
Scott,

The LED Tool Offset 'ON' is 28.

As for the Tool Offset DRO, I think there is no OEM DRO for that. At least I haven't found one. Got to be a trick to do that though.

Dan

Hey Dan, is this what you are meaning ?
Russ

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
Hi Russ,

No. Was not meaning this. When you program a tool change in Turn, something like T0101, this will be tool #1 with offset #1 from the tool table. If you then program T0120, this will be the same tool #1, but with offset #20 from the tool table. Now it is desired to have a DRO both for the current tool number and the current offset number. That as well as the above mentioned LED to show if the offset is active. There is a DRO for the tool number but non for the tool offset.

Dan

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2011, 12:38:44 PM »
Graham, and Dan, (and others),

Ok, I will make Two Run screens, and I will set up an "Init", macro that the user can edit (or mayby a udro on a setup page), that when Mach starts up, the Init will tell it what screen set to start with, Run or Run-Pro, in the xml, they would need to check, remember DROs, or.........  the start init macro could just be hand edited for what screen is started on.

scott
fun times

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
Sounds good Scott!

Dan

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2011, 08:48:32 PM »
Scott,
So, to be clear, you (and others), want the "Jog Controls", on the page with indicators (i.e. leds)? if so, where do you want them rough area? I will have to compact the Spindle control area, and Feed area, maybe even the Program control area, (i.e. reduce button sizes, and re-arrange space).

You can do away with the reverse run button in my opinion which would provide room
for the jog control on the end. The C/S/M buttons can be smaller.
----------------

I understand the difference between Program and Machine DRO display, but have never understood what the "Part" is or how to use it, can you send me a more detailed explanation? Will be glad to add it, just need to understand what/why/how it is used.

Forget about the Part  DRO, but do add the ability to change the DRO indication from machine to program.
Not sure where as  space is a premium.
---------------
Found the radius mode button......maybe make the text part of "Mode" the button as it's as important as knowing what lathe switches are turned on.

-------------------------

What is Radius Correct?  ???

See attached screen shot,
RICH
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2011, 10:27:38 PM »
Hi Russ,

No. Was not meaning this. When you program a tool change in Turn, something like T0101, this will be tool #1 with offset #1 from the tool table. If you then program T0120, this will be the same tool #1, but with offset #20 from the tool table. Now it is desired to have a DRO both for the current tool number and the current offset number. That as well as the above mentioned LED to show if the offset is active. There is a DRO for the tool number but non for the tool offset.

Dan

OK Dan, I see what you mean now.
Like DRO 46 is for Mill.

I don't see one anywhere for Turn either.
Thanks,
Russ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2011, 03:22:37 AM »
Russ there isnt one, its been requested for a long time but as usual with Turn nothing yet. Also the DROs you posted above do not show the correct offsets, they show the offset of the tool number that is active not the offset number, eg T0112, the DROs should show the values for offset 12 but they actually show the values for offset 1. It is the same for the tool description.
Maybe one day ::)
Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2011, 11:19:03 AM »
hmmmm,

Well, perhaps I could use VB funcs, to display the tool data tabs you want, in 1 or 2 user labels...

What data tabs do you want to display?

scot
fun times

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
Scott,

I want the last 2 digits of the Txxyy word to be displayed as the offset number. The first 2 digits of is are already displayed as the tool number.

Dan
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2011, 07:48:55 PM »
My biggest gripes with the current default Turn screens mirror others I have seen in this thread-constantly jumping back and forth between screens, and it is not always easy to get to teh screen you want-sometimes it takes as many as 3 clicks. I think you should be able to get to any other screen in 1 click, no matter where you are.

Also, I would like to have FRO indication on all screens-that bit me recently while threading(and is how I discovered that FRO is no longer locked out during threading)

I have never been able to figure out what Home Z and Home X do, as opposed to Set Home Z and Set Home X, which ref the axis in question.

Zero World?? also not undestood by me.

Things I like about the screens is that they are not cluttered.