Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:14:15 PM

Author Topic: AL54b (lathe) project from New Zealand  (Read 163003 times)

Re: AL54b (lathe) project from New Zealand
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 03:11:02 PM »
My thoughts are if Hood and JHChoppers think it looks good then it looks good, for the rest of you out there if this part don't look good then there is something wrong with you.

Actually, with that comment, you just lost me  ;)

No offense my friend, I only mentioned those two by name because I've been following there work.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »
Nah, I was just teasing. I love your work as mentioned before, and will continue to follow it for sure as I'm learning quite a bit.

Sometimes my brand of humor isn't best had over the internet  :D

Quick question, I'm guessing those LED's ar indeed waterproof since they're used for under car lighting?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 03:44:15 PM »
To be "considered" in the same class as hood is an honor !  Hood is "da man"

JH

Just goes to show how easily the internet can fool people ;D

Hood
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »
Nah, I was just teasing. I love your work as mentioned before, and will continue to follow it for sure as I'm learning quite a bit.

Quick question, I'm guessing those LED's ar indeed waterproof since they're used for under car lighting?

Thanks,
Dave

You got it, they are submersible.
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:45 PM »
To be "considered" in the same class as hood is an honor !  Hood is "da man"

JH

Just goes to show how easily the internet can fool people ;D

Hood

Lol!

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »

Thanks,
Dave

You got it, they are submersible.

Thank you sir-  8)

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
Any idea the make of the ones you have? Mine are by Tru Opto but no mention of whether they are waterproof or not. Was thinking at the time that they would be good under the cover and was going to test them out to see but just that day  a guy came in with a nice twin tube head off a street sign so I cut a hole in the sliding covers lid and fitted that instead.

Hood
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 03:58:09 PM »
I think there is a lot more than three people following this thread.

I am just amazed at the speed and quality at which you are completing all this work. I guess you guys from the land's down under really know how to get stuck into the job.  ;D

Keep it up, I can't wait for the next installment.

Excellent work my friend.

Tweakie.

We are moving pretty fast at the moment, this is about to come to an abrupt halt though, I just found out the ball screws are 2 1/2 weeks away and the smooth stepper is on back order so CNC4PC cant ship.

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 04:07:14 PM »
Any idea the make of the ones you have? Mine are by Tru Opto but no mention of whether they are waterproof or not. Was thinking at the time that they would be good under the cover and was going to test them out to see but just that day  a guy came in with a nice twin tube head off a street sign so I cut a hole in the sliding covers lid and fitted that instead.

Hood

They are generic from the local electronics supply place so no branding sorry, i can tell you they are a meter long, run on 12v and cost about $40 US a strip - ouch!

If its fluorescents that you are talking about I would probably avoid them, the blasts converts the standard supply to a few thousand volts and they contain Mercury (the manufacture recommends burning your cloths if one smashes and your near it).

But then I read an article the other day that said that you guys (US) are putting Mercury in some of your vaccinations now, so the fluro mill lighting is probably the least of your worries.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 04:09:06 PM by jrslick22 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »
Not so good, Peter Homann in Oz stocks SS's but not sure if that would be an option for you, certainly wont help with the ballscrew :(
Hood