Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:57:48 PM

Author Topic: Many projects on the go...  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
Many projects on the go...
« on: September 11, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
It's been a few years since I have been actve on this forum using a different name, (some will know me :) ).
Those who remember my original CNC routers will also remember I built them under my house, on a dirt floor, on undulating ground, with only hand tools available.
A few things have changed since then. I have added almost 2/3 rds to my original house, by bulding in under the house. Half of that a rumpus room and the other half, a workshop with a concrete floor. Yay !!! I saved a heap of bucks by doing it all myself.
I have since bought a Bridgeport mill, a lathe, and a measuring table that I will be converting to a kick arse CNC router/mill.
This thread will become a mixed worklog of converting the lathe and mill to CNC as well as building the large CNC router/mill.
I promise lots of photos, comments and questions along the way.

Benny
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Many projects on the go...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »
Wow!! Great workshop Benny. You have been very busy. Look forward to seeing the pictures of your conversions.

Tweakie.
PEACE