Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:21:00 AM

Author Topic: Bleeding Edge Mach3 CNC Operators Panel......  (Read 8355 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Bleeding Edge Mach3 CNC Operators Panel......
« on: August 27, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »
Greetins,

Here is a pic of the prototype of my "Night Vision" CNC Control Operators Panel. It is a Flash screen that the "Soft Keys" below the screen, activate the function key above it, and the functions can be scrolled left and right, the 8 buttons to the right handle PAGE navigation. Simular to the way that Fanuc and Siemans do thier screens, the screen is also a touch screen. I put the "Mach3 CNC Keys" (powered by PoKeys) and the pokeys handles the screen function and navigation buttons as well and also it handles the 3 POTs: FSOVR, SSOVR, and JSOVR. The Estop and On/Off goes to a DL205 PLC for overall external systems control.

this one has a Smooth Stepper, (but it could easily use a Galil as well), the DL205 PLC is hooked to Mach3 via TCP Modbus and it Mach3 talks to it, and it talks to the 5 ONE KW AC servos, and 3hp VFD, in a 485 net work, the Drive and VFD parameters can be monitored, and read/write from Mach3 on the fly. The PLC has 96 inputs, 64 outputs, 8 analog in, 4 analog out, an EXTRA 2 axis independant axis control card, for a Read-A-Head-Swap Arm ATC, and Pallet changer, and ECOM100 modules. The PLC also controls Spindle chiller, Cabnet Temp control, coolant, mist, swarf convayor, auto oiler, tool setter, door safties, Stack light, internal machine lights and all the IO for the ATC and Pallet changer. It has scripts for single and auto-multitool hiegth setting.

The serial Modbus brings in the MP-03 "Pendant kit" pendant from Peter Holman.
this is the control panel that goes with the 5 axis Mill panel that you saw the video on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcfzbLqG-VA&feature=channel

I will be selling these, as well as "Simpler" Turn Key versions that have all the Operators Panel stuff, Except the function and page navigation buttons below and to the right of the screen. The Higher End screen like the comples one above, will be on a machine x machine basis, since it would need to be integrated into more complex OEM and Commercial Machines.......  "Simple one" could also be done this way....

As I finish the Enclosure (the pic is just of the Surface Panel), I will get more pics and vids up of the monster.......

Scott
fun times
Re: Bleeding Edge Mach3 CNC Operators Panel......
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:21:02 AM »
Well done Scott. This one can compete with any commercial control panel out there. Looks very professional. Mach3 CNC keys have done the trick.

Zafar
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 11:36:11 PM »
Scott-

Do you have any additional information on the price you are going to be selling these for?

I am thinking about changing the electronics out of my MHP mill.  It has a 22 tool changer, and a 10 hp spindle.

Steve

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
Hey Steve,

It would depend on which one you want, the "Simple" control or the one in the pic above.

The simple one will have all the hardware minus the screen navigation buttons, as far as ATCs concerned there is no "Plug-N-Play" on retrofitting machines, since
each make and model of machine may/will have a different way of doing its ATC cycle, IO, and ect.....

On the Simples probably around approximatly 2000.00 + or -, I am currently getting quotes from a Sheet Metal shop that I made several machines for them, for discounted enclosure prices, (includes enclosure, comp, MS Keyboard (with or without built in Trackball mouse), 17"non-touch monitor (touch optional), PK with M3 keys (and plugin), SS, FSOVR and SSOVR pots, E stop, On/OFF button.

The High End version, will be like above plus navigation buttons for the screen, touch monitor, options for Galil card, the Screen can also be customized for the End Users appliction, price will be depending on what additions, or changes past what is there.

ASLO one thing to always remember, the USER will have to be able to set up his Mach machine, i.e. pick and config/tune his motors etc... since everone is doing something different.

The High End control solution is really targeted towards OEMs, or Commercial Shops, or guys doing large, complex, and expensive Retrofits, or New Builds.

Scott

fun times