Hello Guest it is May 20, 2019, 03:15:45 PM

Author Topic: Many projects on the go...  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Pythagoras

•  83 83
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
Many projects on the go...
« on: September 11, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
It's been a few years since I have been actve on this forum using a different name, (some will know me :) ).
Those who remember my original CNC routers will also remember I built them under my house, on a dirt floor, on undulating ground, with only hand tools available.
A few things have changed since then. I have added almost 2/3 rds to my original house, by bulding in under the house. Half of that a rumpus room and the other half, a workshop with a concrete floor. Yay !!! I saved a heap of bucks by doing it all myself.
I have since bought a Bridgeport mill, a lathe, and a measuring table that I will be converting to a kick arse CNC router/mill.
This thread will become a mixed worklog of converting the lathe and mill to CNC as well as building the large CNC router/mill.
I promise lots of photos, comments and questions along the way.

Benny
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,764 7,764
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Many projects on the go...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:45:09 PM »
Wow!! Great workshop Benny. You have been very busy. Look forward to seeing the pictures of your conversions.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.