Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:43:52 AM

Author Topic: I'm in Hog Heaven  (Read 95903 times)

Re: I'm in Hog Heaven
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2014, 07:24:22 AM »
Tweakie you know, but others might not.

Reversing the X by setting X axis scale to -1 to mirror the profile for the second side.
That's why part 0,0,0 was the center, bottom face. Same thickness just mirrored in X axis

He showed it to everyone at the next gun show, so I'd say he was pleased.

Thanks again
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »
Very nice indeed !

Thanks for posting,
Russ
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2014, 10:01:46 AM »
Was so damn cold this past winter, I was catching up on some good ole TV off the net.
This logo caught my eye and using a screen capture made a new wall hanger/dust collector.
Just cut it out yesterday, so still have not finished it but it is 9" x 12" with a .27" relief.
Cut with a two flute 1/8" ball end mill, single pass. About 4 hours of cutting.
top is the screen capture, center is the 3D rendering and the last is the walnut cutout.
Would estimate about 3-4 hours of development/design time.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2014, 11:19:23 AM »
Very nice work indeed.  ;)

(that has even brought back memories of the TV theme tune - don't think I missed an episode as a kid).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2014, 10:27:54 AM »
Had to get away from Lua coding for a few days.  :o

Neighbor was throwing out an old hutch that was in his barn, was missing the lower two glass panels and needed refinishing bad. But "if it's Free it's for Me" Then of course I had to make a stand to put it on and find a design that might give it a focal point. Internet search found an image that might work. Created a vector drawing and cnc program to cut out the panels. Found the local fabric store had speaker grill material to put behind them to remove the distraction.  Seems to work for me. Functional.  ;D

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2014, 10:32:06 PM »
Just noticed the lamps you made. Nice work.
I would imagine that they provide for a nice feel when turning them on.  ;D

So are the red manuals for the trumpet and the blue ones for clarinet music in the hutch?

RICH
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
Good catch, the Lamp on top was the first thing i every built 1965 Jr High wood shop.
It is plugged in the the PLC as my controlled night light.
I'm not one to read manuals off a computer real well (bifocals  :o)  So they are all reference documents. Just not labeled as of yet.
The musical instruments are for a lamp I hope to make some day. Items I picked up cheap at garage sales.

Figured giving a wider view in the photo, that people would be looking around,  ::)
Most of the books that are in the hutch now are all technical reference material. Keeps them handy as my mind goes from one idea to the next.
Always seems like I have 14 projects going on at a time.
Working on an upgrade to a CO2 laser table now. I have Arts new laser control box built but the working area of the laser table I had was just not to my dreamy needs.
Hoping I can make double duty out of the new project and add a 3d filament print head option to it too.
Looking forward to a productive winter.

Note: Moved my 'Mach4" Laser Build to a new thread
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28501.msg198592.html#msg198592
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:37:59 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2015, 10:08:13 AM »
Finally took some time to get my (Dynomotion's KFlop/Kanalog) four axis Lathe using (3) Parker Gemini Servos and (2) Mitsubishi J3 Servo drives all analog 0-10volt setup to cut Threads (G32)
Yes, its just wax, so much easier on my blood pressure.  ;) What I'd learned from programming with Lua helped in my need to be able to control the Spindle as a rotating drive and as a positioning device, then have it switch back and forth automatically. Having a vision and being able to achieve it takes TIME.  Educating by reading, testing & time to get capable, and get my mind wrapped around all the issues.  

Note: The Kflop uses C programming and this was cut using their KmotionCNC software.

Not sure where Dynomotion is on their plugin for Mach4 but the design and build of this machine was focused on having control to turn and contour mill using Mach4 (started this project years ago). Though I used this machine as a turning center over the past couple of years, I am getting closer to my dream. ;)

Never give up 8) Everyone learns at there own pace.
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2015, 09:08:49 PM »

Couple of quick video I shot today, short cnc dual macro program that cuts the threads and mills the hex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvzUZ9TeJPE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV54gmcTm0E&list=UUHGIWSo4uMzm3jhpJUzAYrg

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2015, 01:51:13 AM »
Excellent work Craig that is just brilliant.

Tweakie.
PEACE