Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:53:52 PM

Author Topic: I'm in Hog Heaven  (Read 95913 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: I'm in Hog Heaven
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 12:16:13 PM »
That's around my neck of the woods. Lil further south, but close. Definitely a growing city. Lots of industry moving there.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2012, 09:34:31 AM »
Pretty close, we were looking around the Cleveland area and Louden. We've kind of settled on western Chattanooga. I was checking into some Iron Foundries in the area but I've had some health problems so I think I'm on early retirement. More time for CNC and Casting, both kinds, casting metals and Lures. :)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2012, 01:08:09 PM »
Cleveland is a pretty nice place. Loudon is not that bad either. Loudon is much smaller than Cleveland, but fairly close to Knoxville. Cleveland is close to Chattanooga, but Cleveland is most likely large enough that you would never have to go to Chattanooga. If I had the option of picking a city to move to in Tennessee, Chattanooga would be darn near the bottom of the list. That is just my opinion. I have lived in TN for over 30 years, and just cringe when I have to go to Chattanooga. There ARE nice places surrounding Chattanooga, and most of those areas bring a premium price, but I believe the Knoxville area to be a far superior place to live. Better roads, easier travel, better laid out, nicer surroundings, better neighborhoods, better shopping, etc. Plenty of places to drop a lure, too! I work next door to a small iron casting facility. Got a couple houses to choose from too. ;D Couldn't interest you in an all brick, large yard, in-ground pool with surrounding concrete patio, small bar, hot tub, small pool house, concrete drive, 2 car attached garage, nice neighborhood, right outside city limits of Athens, could I?  ;D ;D How bout a VERY nice, newly restored, two story turn of the century house. **end of sales pitch**

Not trying to steer you away from Chatt, because it does have allot to offer some people. Some people would live no where else. Just figured I would give my opinion, even though you didn't ask. >:D
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
 My fist jewelry piece, Made on my newest rack and pinion built machine (40" x 30" x 2" table)

I recently watched a new TV series called Revolution. There was a new prop introduced, a silver pendant. It caught my eye in that it looked like a perfect fit for ArtCam, Mach3 and my new interest the Lindsay Palm Engraver. Though I used Fortal Aluminum as the base material, polishes well but is a little gummy for engraving. Amazing that from an image, a recreation can be produced. Its not perfect but it was fun and taught me a lot.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »
Pendant looks good. Let me know what you think of the Lindsay Engraver......are ya getting lazy and don't want to chase anymore?
RICH
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »
Rich it is a sweet tool and fun to peel back metal. Always loved to carve and whittle. So I jumped in to learn a new skill. It is not a cheap endeavor because it takes a lot of additional items to do it well. Palm Engraving is so much cleaner then rotary engraving, just seems to capture the light well. I'm enjoying the process. The diamond rotary sharpening tool sure makes all my engravers, knives, drills, wood carving and hand tools super sharp with a very clean straight edge.  Find I don't use the pedestal grinder near as much.
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »
Had some time between building two new control cabinets. Thought this was cute and a quick challenge. I love these servos with the analog dynomotion kflop/kanalog system.
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2013, 09:11:02 AM »
4 - 3/4"  x 3" x 18" long Teak wood strips cut on a 11 degree miter, glued to create arch shape then sanded to suit.
took about 20 hours of cut time 5 endmills from 1/2", 1/4", 1/8", .040" and a .015" 10degree taper, all ball endmills
Local hang out of the summer lakers.
Lots of lakes in this area.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
Excellent work Craig.  8)

Just out of curiosity, was it machined with a flat working plane or did you use a rotary attachment ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2013, 11:25:15 AM »
Flat, have not had time to install my new built 4th and 5th axis servo driven Trunnion table as of yet. Looking forward to seeing the effects I can create with it. Thanks, I'm having fun. Hope to have my 4 axis Lathe done soon. One servo axis is moving under power. Working on the wiring for the others.