Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 06:26:26 PM

Author Topic: Cutting outside profile  (Read 26824 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting outside profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 04:40:43 PM »
Bob,
To cut inside or outside you need to create an offset from the profile and apply the tool , cut depth etc, to the offset.
You should un-enable the profile which the offset was created from before posting the code.

RICH
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »
Hello Rich,

thanks for your quick reply :)
Is this function available with the beta version of LC?
Is it this function :

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 05:15:04 PM »
sorry :
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:33:08 PM by bob.titus »
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »
Ok Rich,

after trying on and on, it seems pretty obvious to me that this feature is only available in the pro version since LC doesn't export the Gcode once offset has been applied.
On top of this, it seems like LC is enable to apply offsets to a group of layers (multiple selection), is this correct or is this available in the Pro version?
Then, for some reason, LC seems to bug on my PC and will stop importing DXF after a while and needs to be re-installed in order to correct until it stops again and so on... Do you have any idea of what might be causing this?

Thanks again for your help,
Bob

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 09:29:18 AM »
bOB,
Need pro version, and you get the error code if you try using offsets without a license.
I suggest you take a look at the manual as it tells how to use lLazycam selelct ayers , select things, etc.
Don't hack your way thru it.

RICH
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:39:53 AM »
Hello rich,

thanks for your answer, I did read the manual, find it's lacking lots of major info imho, and what do you mean by "don't hack your way thru it"?

How can you explain the inconsistent DXF import I'm experiencing with LC?

No offense of course, just trying to understand problems in order to correct them.

best,
Bob
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 12:27:50 PM »
ok, I just bought a LCPro licence, hope all will be fine now...

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
find it's lacking lots of major info imho

What major info is lacking in the manual? Can you post a list?
You can be as detailed as you want and i would appreciate the effort.

and what do you mean by "don't hack your way thru it"?

When i say don't hack you way thru it, I am saying that the user should read, understand the manual  and follow through
with the tutorials. The manual basically goes thru every command, tool, input etc and defines it in some manner. The tutorial's
supplement the manual by example on how to use what is in the manual. Each tutorial just builds on the one before it.

There is no formal documentation for the program on how it actualy works or or where the development left off. So the manual addresss every comment ever made in this forum, includes recomendations from other manuals written in other languages, and includes "countless hours of my hacking" to see what worked or didn't work along with ways to use it successfuly. I even put a known problems / bug list together for it.
So in that light.....a user should not hack their way thru it!  ;)

How can you explain the inconsistent DXF import I'm experiencing with LC?

There could be a number of reasons ( even bugs, maybe), and the best generic answer i can give is the write up i did on DXF imports,
Appendix "C" - DXF FILE EXPORTS  in the LazyTurn Manual, as it applies.

RICH
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:47:33 PM by RICH »
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »
Thanks for all Rich :)

Mainly, what I think is lacking is all the info related to CNC machining, like for example :
- what is leadin, how to set and use
- use G41/G42 on leading outputs
- Incremental IJs
- Plunge clearance what is it, how does it interact with Z
- Line number increment : why use 5 rather than less, can you add line in between, like line 13 between 10 and 15
- automaticaly add inside and outside leadings
etc.. etc...

Don't forget, I'm a noob to Gcode and CNCs, so I learn while reading the LC manual and need all these precisions.

Will check the LazyTurn manual, thanks for an otherwise great program :)
Bob

PS : One more question out off topic : how can I reset machine coordinates without switches, couldn't find how to.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:10:38 PM by bob.titus »
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »
what I actually mean by "inconsistent DXF import" is that the same DXF will import fine until it suddenly doesn't any longer, and then the only way to sort the problem in uninstall and reinstall LC