Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 10:44:44 AM

Author Topic: Cutting outside profile  (Read 26817 times)

Re: Cutting outside profile
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2010, 08:35:54 AM »
Hello Rich, hello Bill :)

Bill, thanks for your time and explanations, here are some points that may need clarification, sorry again if some sound really basic, I'm a noob :

- find attached my new loading options, please let me know what I got wrong if any.
- how do I actually check the chains are complete? How do I correct if one is broken?
- How do I remove a duplicate rapid?

Thanks for the offsetting tips,
Bob

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »
Bob

here a two pics from your files ,one is bad rapids and chains the other in good shape.it is like reading a road map.the rapid shows
where a chain starts and stops.if you draw a circle and their are two rapids that means the circle is in two pieces or your cad has
added a spare part to the circle.you have to find what has caused it.you can have the same cad on two differant computers and get
two differant personalities.over time you get aware of certain probables and fix them quickly.for the setup menu yours looks pretty
much like mine but i have the top box checked.the connection tol can be played with.i run from .01 t0 .0001 - move it all the time.

Hey Rich

does your A axis set both hor and vert.i finished my degree wheel tap for doing a hor wheel.it is scaleable.pretty sweet!
can post it if you want it.

bill
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 04:15:45 PM »
Hello Bill,

thanks again for your time and enlightments, but last night I tried CamBam and got hooked.
It works right away with my files and generates Gcode in no time where I needed to struggle with LazyCam for hours without any security of success.
On top of that, the GUI and ergonomy is night and day with LC and icing on the cake, it's free :)

Sorry for all the trouble, I probably won't bug you any more with my crappy files that cut very nicely thank you ;)
Bob

PS : what can I do with my LC licence, is there a way to sell it back or resell it to someone because I could use the 75USD for something else now.

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »
Bob

I like cambam too,paid for it. also have access to mastercamX the shop next to me,nice guy. but i still look at the new and improved stuff too. it never ends.
also do a lot of longhand codeing,which i like the best.perfect cad everytime.as goofy as l-cam is it has a position as a useful tool.

bill
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 06:54:28 PM »
I like cambam too,paid for it.
I've tried to find info about how much they charge for the "plus" version, but didn't get any hint.
How much did you pay for it?

Bob

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 07:50:32 PM »
I think it is 149 now.did mine in the old days for 75.
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »
ok, thank a lot :)

Cheers,
Bob