Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 07:19:07 PM

Author Topic: Cutting outside profile  (Read 26825 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting outside profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 08:25:04 PM »
I get the same error, so i backloaded it from Mach3 Mill into LC and then reposted it and all was fine.
RICH
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »
I get the same error, so i backloaded it from Mach3 Mill into LC and then reposted it and all was fine.
RICH
Hey Rich :)
unfortunately it's not fine at all if you look at the screen capture attached...
I have worked all day trying to find a solution, but nothing seems to work, this is really annoying :(

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »
Explain the problem as you see it?
What are you trying to do? or How do you want to do the machining?
Is there a particular order you want to machine?
Pocket some, cut some, etc as i don't have the foggiest idea....... ???
I do see that some of those elongated slots didn't post  and i have already said they can be a problem and also recommended that you assign them to individual layers / levels before importing so  you can deal with them on an individual basis. (btw, i don't know why they present a problem to LC at times )

RICH
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:07:41 PM by RICH »
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2010, 10:21:44 PM »
it's very simple :
- all 4 pieces are being cut around the outside line using an outside offset
- all inside slots, windows, circles are being cut  inside using an inside offset and that's where problems start...

The DXF optimised and relayered but without offsets done by LC exports to Gcode in Mach3 with no error.

Creating some inside offsets generates zero radius arclines and causes my problems.

Fwiw, I find LC altogether very unreliable / unpredictable since operations don't always repeat...
For example, I always do inside offsets first and then outside ones so I don't have to reorganize all layers again afterwards. Sometimes, creating outside offsets will extent to all items even those prior offsets no even selected!

Thanks for your help, I would appreciate finally being able to get into production, I find this all very frustrating.
Bob

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »
I should add that I really like the simplicity of LazyCam (the name says it all) that's why I purchased the licence for importing my DXFs and being able to create offsets, and that's what frustrates me the most, not being able to be lazy all the way.
I am now looking for an alternative solution in case this issue can't get worked around, but this implies a new learning curve that I'm not very keen on starting...

Bob

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2010, 10:54:14 PM »
Bob

post your dxf for that thing and what size tool you want to use.

bill
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »
Bob

post your dxf for that thing and what size tool you want to use.

bill

Hello Bill :)

ok, I will upload the file, but don't tell me it's crap please ;)
I'm starting to understand what you previously said about losing hair and stuff, even if all the milling I've done so far was perfect.
I managed to post Gcode from BamCam, all worked fine, only 4 narrower slots to the left didn't offset because they are smaller then my 1.2 tool (my mistake).
Actually, what happens if the tool is more or less the width of the slot and inside offset doesn't apply, will the slot be cut on the line or as much inside as possible?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate,
Bob

PS : I'm heading to bed soon, it's 4:20am here

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2010, 11:42:09 PM »
Ha Ha Ha

ok i wont junk it out right away.go to bed maybe i will have something for you when you wake up.

bill

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2010, 11:53:55 PM »
Dear Bob,
Your drawing does leave something to be desired...but..... i have remarked about drawing quality before to you.
The better the CAD work the more chance of having things go well. What more can i say....LOL

RICH

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2010, 04:46:29 AM »
Bob

attached are two l-cam files,one with offsetting one with out.both are made from a filtered tap file.will try to explain.
your cad does some trashy things but seems workable.I saw what you meant about the tight slots and drawing them to narrow.

this is how i processed your dxf. in l-cam load settings,set connection tol to 0.01 then loaded.after loading- turn rapids off-
turn leds off - clean - then optomise.dont do any more to the drawing.turn rapids back on.check all of the chains and make
sure they are completed and look at the rapids trail and make sure their are no double rapid to a chain.when it looks good
make a tap file with working Z action.post the code to mach3.then import from mach3 back into l-cam. that is how you clean
the cad trash out.their was one rectangle that did not offset to the inside.but it offset to the outside.when that happens
you offset outside.delete original then offset inside twice.now i am going to bed.

bill