Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:39:36 AM

Poll

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY OTHER SOFTWARE THAT WILL RUN A CNC MASTERS SUPRA MILL?

NEW
0 (0%)
HERE LOL
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: NEED HELP IN CNC MILLING AND SOFTWARE  (Read 7869 times)

NEED HELP IN CNC MILLING AND SOFTWARE
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:35:39 PM »
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO IF POSSIBLE TO INCORPORATE MACH 3 SOFTWARE INTO A CNC MASTERS SUPRA MILL THAT IS CURRENTLY RUNNING ON ITS OWN PROGRAMING AND CONNECTS TO THE COMPUTER ONLY THROUGH USB.  IT HAS ITS OWN CONTROL BOX WITH AXIS DRIVER CARDS AND A USB INTERFACE CONNECTED BY RIBBON CABLES..  ANY HELP ON THIS SUBJECT WILL BE GREATLY BE APPRECIATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NEED HELP IN CNC MILLING AND SOFTWARE
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:11:50 PM »
why are you yelling at us? :o

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »
Hi Soundman,

I think it is extremely doubtful, unless someone has already written the software (similar to that which is required for the Smooth Stepper).

However, If your axis driver cards accept 'step and direction signals' then there is always the possibility you could use a breakout board and parallel cable from your PC and tap into the driver cards at the appropriate points - Thus using Mach3 for the control.
Home and limit switches are another problem but not unsurmountable.

Tweakie.

ps. You shout all you like - no worries.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:20:21 AM »
Like Tweakie said,you would be bypassing to the dirves , but, watch out / look into it more as the drives may not be worth a hoot even if they are step and direction.
RICH
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »
I went and looked at their web site,.Is this a new machine?
Are you having problems with the controller/controls on the machine or
the CAM side of things?
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »
im not yelling!!! lol just can read tall type better!@!!!! lol anyway the controller is mounted on the machine with just a usb connection from it to the computer.  i didnt know if mach 3 had that option using my existing controller., it has a usb card in the controller that is tied to the step driver cards with a ribbon cable.. the machine is a couple of years old. OUT OF WARRANTY of course. the software that runs it is called master xu  and its really basic but has no starts from stops you have to restart the whole program and watch the bit run through the already cuts and waste time.
the table has home position grounds that let the software save your home position if you desire or you can manually set the home and zero the dro.  the machine also has a remote control that is hand held and has a joystick on it to jog around at the machine.  if the computer is on and you use the joystick sometimes the axis will just take off and you have to e-stop to  make it stop. i think this machine came with a ghost in it !!!!! for the most part it will do what you set it to do but you never know when it will throw you a curve!!! it will break bits when it goes wrong !! that tends to get expensive..  thanks for all you guys input! im fairly new at the machining thing but i love to do it.

kevin

Offline swbre

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
... remote control that is hand held and has a joystick on it to jog around at the machine.  if the computer is on and you use the joystick sometimes the axis will just take off and you have to e-stop to  make it stop. i think this machine came with a ghost in it !!!!! ....

kevin

I bought a brand new CNC Baron from CNC Masters in March 2011 and it does the same thing.  I had to send the original control box back within the first 2 weeks.  Since then it is not as frequent but it still occurs sometimes.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 09:43:08 PM »
Well I'm glad to here I'm not crazy. Lol. This thing every once in a while gets a mind of it's own. It will take a turn for the worst and go and run good for a but and then all of a sudden it goes a different direction just out if the blue and pow there goes another bit.