Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:45:05 AM

Author Topic: dro's no movint  (Read 25047 times)

Re: dro's no movint
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
I loaded the parallel test software on my computer in the office (also a Asus board) and it reacted the same. All pins work. Pins 3 and 4 have a low voltage. When I run Mach3 the dir pins do not work.
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2010, 08:00:28 PM »
Just tried it on a 3rd Asus pc and it will not work there either.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »
Just one computer and one PP at time.
I would use the card as that has the higher voltage and as such would swing the full high to low required .
You need to have two things in place...
 A working xp computer system and then a PP both of which are functional. I will assume that the pp card is like new / known to be good, then that leaves the computer which only you can assert. Without that, its kind of fruitless to go further. All the Mach configuration / drive hookup etc can be worked out if the first two things are in place.

Three assus pc's and they don't work.......good grief. Is this with the same pp card?

The only thing that i had a hard time with was when i just got the new pc, the pp card was installed, but for whatever reason, i had to go in and out of MAch about 10 times before it recognized the pp address. Thus no axis movement. I wrote it off as a fluke.

RICH

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »
The last two were onboard pp. The pp card I used was new, but I have not gotten it to function. When I first had the problem I had an old IBM Netvista that my son had dragged up. It had some problems but I managed to format the drive and reload XP. I tried it and it worked first time. The only problem was that it would just shut down for no reason. While I had it working I decided to make some changes in my machine. Now I am back to this problem. I used this computer for a while but I had these same problems when I started it up and never did know what I did to cure it.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2010, 09:32:18 AM »
The pp card I used was new, but I have not gotten it to function.

Until you get that in place i think no one will be able to help much.

I have thrown a few cards away........brand new....couldn't get them to work for the life of me.

I strongly suggest you get a card that is Microsoft compliant and with the understanding on purchase
that if the card or the drivers don't work you get full money back, if that is not the case walk away!

RICH
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »
Yeah, you are right. I will try to get the pp board to work. I used a program called Lalim parallel port control. I allows me to send signals to pins 2-9. Oddly enough on all 3 pc's pins 3&4 have only 1.3v. All others have 3.3v. If I find a cure I will let you know.
Thanks to you and Hood for your help.
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 10:46:50 AM »
i am now totally convinced that there is nothing wrong with my pc. I just tried a hp and it reacted exactly the same as the others. I can pulse the pins with lalim and all work. The problem must be with the mach 3 driver.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 11:03:01 AM »
Ok, you can pulse the pins and all work, that is good. Then you should be able to also see what the voltage off each step and direction pin is ( and they should be all  be the same / or close) to the motors and also they should have adequate swing in the voltage such that there is a proper square wave to the dirves.

Seems we are still at step one.

RICH

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 11:25:03 AM »
I am back to where I was at. When I move any axis the dros move but the voltage from the parallel port never changes from 0v
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »
Didn't see it mentioned, did you try running the Special Driver ?
Just a shot.
Russ