Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:41:45 PM

Author Topic: usb hand held keypad  (Read 3140 times)

usb hand held keypad
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »
I am using a usb hand held keypad to set the x,y and z axis for g92 settings. My question is are there any possible catastophic glitches when using this keypad like maybe the z axis not responding and continuing into the material after the button is released. Using the keypad is very convenient compared to dragging around the keyboard.

Thanks,

Joe

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: usb hand held keypad
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:05:13 AM »
I use a handheld USB keypad and haven't had any problems with jogging the Z axis downwards, at least no problems so far and it does get used a lot.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »
Thanks for the input Tweakie. I have another question for you. Have you used it for anything besides moving the axis, such as changing the jogging speed or maybe an emergency stop? Is there anyway that you know of to assign functions to the other keys?

Thanks,

Joe

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
Hi Joe,

I only use the handheld pad for jogging but I assume that the rest of the keys could be assigned other functions just as you would for any keyboard key.

I understand that the technique is to create a screen button (visible or not) with Screen4 and assign a hotkey to this button then specify the required function within the button (VB script).

A search for Hotkeys should find more info.

Tweakie.
PEACE