Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:42:35 PM

Author Topic: dro's no movint  (Read 25035 times)

dro's no movint
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:11:52 AM »
I had problems before with parallel port not working. My machine is home built and I did not like some of things I did mechanicly so I rebuilt my machine. Now I am starting from scratch with a different pc. I downloaded mach3 and rebooted. At that point my dro's worked. I configured my motor outputs and my dro's now do not move. I uninstalled mach and started over but the same thing happened. I am attaching xml file. Keep in mind that the only thing I have done is configure motor outputs.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: dro's no movint
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »
You dont have any motors enabled in that xml, even if you are just simulating on a computer  not connected to anything you still need to enable the motors in Ports and Pins.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 03:54:56 PM »
Got it working.
Re: dro's not moving
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »
I got the dros moving. A parallel port monitoring program called parmon was interfering. When I shut it down the dros moved. Here is the result:

X axis would not move when pressing the - key. Direction pin worked properly. When pressing the + pin it would move, sometimes in the negative direction and sometimes in the positive direction even though the dir pin remained at 0 volts.

Y axis would move in positive direction only using - and + keys. Direction pin would not work.

Z axis direction pin worked but no movement in either direction.

All inputs were working.

I built a breakout jig and attached it between parallel port and breakout board to verify that the board was working. Since the x axis dir pin was working, I disconnected all signals to the drives and assigned it to each pin, 2-9, one at a time. Every pin worked.
Since I had tried everything I knew to do, I uninstalled Mach 3 and reloaded it. Now the inputs do not work and the dros are not moving. I believe the above test shows that the parallel port is working but I am not getting the proper response from Mach 3. I am attaching the new xml file.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 03:13:00 PM »
If that is the xml you are using you do not have any motors enabled in Ports and Pins, you will not get DROs moving if you dont have the axis enabled.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »
All three axis are enabled

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:06:49 PM »
Please attach the correct xml.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 04:16:51 PM »
try this. I had to copy it to another folder and rename before I could attach it. The file in m\the mach folder still has the origonal name

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »
Afraid that is still the wrong xml, it is blank. Make sure it is the xml for the profile you are using that you attach, it is located in the Mach3 folder on your drive.

Hood
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
you are right. I created a profile when I reloaded mach. I closed it out. and restarted mach using that profile and dros move. X axis dir pin no longer works because the voltage from the pc is only 1.3volts and axis no longer moves. Yaxis no longer moves. Dir pin is same as x axis. z axis dir is ok but no movement.