Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:18:59 AM

Author Topic: My Big Project am I crazy  (Read 37589 times)

Re: My Big Project am I crazy
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »
thx for reply
i use Yaskawa C A C R-S R 15BC about 1.5KW http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmservo.nsf/%28DocID%29/TKUR-5TAKRN/$File/TSE-S800-2.2.pdf
do you need full drive output power?
no

yes, i check galil product.
the new product is very expensive,for example "4-axis Ethernet" about 2295$
now another question:
i hear about Dynomotion(kflop) controller:
- 200MHZ DSP controller
- USB 2
- support 8-axis
- analog servo control
- low price

what different between this type controller and Galil ?
This price difference over what is the topic?

Amir

**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2010, 05:46:33 AM »
sorry i have only used the galil
if its not broken yet, fit more gadgets!
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2010, 08:01:48 AM »
thx for comment
but you dont answer about 3-phase driver.

Amir
**Even a clock that does not work is right twice a day**
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 09:05:46 PM »
Hi stagecraft,
I was just wondering if you got all the functions on the machine like the line boring and the saw working with mach3? I have a Busellato Master with a PTP400 control and I'm also planning to retrofit.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
thanks, Jorg
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 05:20:37 AM »
i have everything working
here is a video of its first borin (drilling in all directions) cut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaj45i-FGnY
was taken in testing stages so everything is slowed down!

the conversion is pretty complex with a huge learning curve but well worth it. the machine has been running daily since september.
look through my other videos to see how it improved with accuracy etc
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »
Hi battwell,
looks very impressive.
Was your machine a 3axis to begin with? Mine is a 2.5 axis, meaning the z axis depth is set by the control and then the movement is actuated by pneumatic valves. My axis are controlled by a Gould CLX A242 for the x and y axis and a A241 for the z axis with motors Gould M124-C40A-900F  21Amp.
Did you leave your existing axis control and motors or did you replace them?
Did you leave the existing relais or is it all controlled now by the new board?
What were the major hurdles you had to jump? How long did it take to convert? 
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
i kept all original drives and safety relay circuitry
major hurdles were learning vb scripting to control everything! there is some better info on this now but you still have to know "exactly" what you want the machine to do!

my machine is 3 axis , z is on ballscrew with pneumatic assist for the weight. also has pneumatic up /down for each head in use.

its an ongoing project as you always find things you dont like and change them, but unlike manufacturer oem controls, this is easy to do once you understand it.
(as long as you can manage the vb scripting) see artsoft videos for an insight on this.

expect a month to get it programmed to do everything. if its just routing about a week to get it all under control.
depending how flexible your brain is!
the conversion was well worth it . cost approx £1000 for parts off ebay in total but £100000 in brain labour!
im going to convert a machine similar to mine for somebody else this week. but he has to pay!  i expect i can have his conversion done within 2-3 days start to finish
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 12:51:31 AM »
Would you like to convert mine as well?
Too bad that your probably in the UK and I'm in Canada. Would you share your scripts? It might be easier to start with an existing program and just modify it for my machine.
Which control did you use? galil DMC 2143 is around 600$ on ebay right now.
As my z axis is not on ballscrew do you think it might be feasible to mount an linear actuator with a router on the carriage to get the third axis motion? I thought it could either be addressed as a fourth axis or I could use a switch to either use the existing z axis or the actuator axis if 3d is needed.
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 05:40:05 AM »
the galil 2143 wont have enough i/o . it has a maximum of 56 all together

ideal control if your looking at older models are the 2160 on ebay or 22 series if you can find one. (i bought a new 2280 off ebay £300.)
then you have to add the breakout boards and cables. icm 1900 or 2900 are fine. (some cheap on ebay at the moment)
re your z axis? no motor at all just pneumatic? is pneumatic on/off or linearised by control?
send me some pictures to battwell at ukonline dot co dot uk

re my scripts etc. i did my conversion specifically with the intention of using only for refits of machinery for others. (i have 2 customers waiting for me to finish all testing etc to make sure everything is bomproof and safe before refitting their machines. i will be offering a totally assembled control customised to each machine. the biesse models like i have converted there are hundreds out in the world all with totally naf controls which you have to program by hand line by line. i will be mainly offering the conversion to them  . i have 2 years of research and investment in the project at the moment. i purchased the machine you see specifically for the conversion too.
it will have to be a fitted conversion , not supply only as each machine needs to be carefully set up and customised
most machine owners wouldnt have the patience to attempt or complete a conversion on this scale.
 i will be travelling! yes im in uk.
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
I need some manuals for gould clx a242 servo drivers. I have save similiral cnc from scrapyard.