Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:39:25 PM

Author Topic: New Version 2.3.3 XBox360 Controller plugin available  (Read 39368 times)

Re: New Version 2.3.3 XBox360 Controller plugin available
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 10:51:13 PM »
Hi Lee,

I tried the manual method with no luck.  Mach3 is still not seeing the plugin when I start it up(not listed under plugin control).
The OS is XP and Mach3 Version R3.041.    Does XBox360Controller.DLL  need to be registered by Windows?  I checked the flolders and they are not protected and the user has admin privledges.
Any other suggestions?

Terry

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 03:25:35 PM »
Hi Terry,

No, it does not have to be registered.  I do not have any idea what is wrong with your pc.  The file installs just fine on all pcs.
You may try moving out one of the plugins and and see if if dissapears from Config and put it back and see if it reappears.  I think you are going to have to reinstall Mach on that pc.

Lee
Hi Lee,

I tried the manual method with no luck.  Mach3 is still not seeing the plugin when I start it up(not listed under plugin control).
The OS is XP and Mach3 Version R3.041.    Does XBox360Controller.DLL  need to be registered by Windows?  I checked the flolders and they are not protected and the user has admin privledges.
Any other suggestions?

Terry

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:35 PM »
I'm having the same problem. Anyone found a solution yet?
Mach3 is a mess.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
To FXC;

Terry never responded with the results of the suggestions that I gave him.  You might PM him and see what his resolution was.  When you download and run the plugin install, does XBox360Controller.DLL appear in the C:\Mach3\Plugins folder?  If so, what are the attributes of the file?  Also check the attributes of the XML file.  Don't try renaming it unless you have turned on the "Show extensions" in Folder View options in XP.  Otherwise, it could wind up being something like XBox360Controller.DLL.txt and you wouldn't see the .txt ending.

The most likely causes are: 1. bad download - file came across corrupt, 2. \Plugins folder or DLL has incorrect attribute settings, 3. XML file has a problem, 4. Mach3 has a problem and needs to be reinstalled,  5 Access rights problem - Run Mach3 as Administrator.

That is about all I can think of.  Keep us posted on what you find.

Lee

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »
I posted my plugins missing issue in the general forum http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,14793.0.html

The problem was that instead of "Plugin Control", you have to first go to Config > Config Plugins and you have to ENABLE whatever plugin you need. You can also open their settings from within that same window.

The XBOX360 plugin still doesn't show up in the main menu, however I am able to open the settings using the method above. Now the other problem is that it doesn't work. Nothing moves / reacts to the controller. Which is good, by the way, because I tested it in the control panel applet.
Mach3 is a mess.

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
NEVERMIND! It now works; I pushed its buttons after I finished writing the post above and it seems all good. I'll report back if something's not right and /or if I have suggestions!

Thank you!!!
Mach3 is a mess.

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 07:28:09 PM »
So far so good... and then I quickly ran out of buttons. I need more macros, more OEM's, more everything.

I suggest that you interpret the triggers as pushbuttons (say, above a certain threshold) and use them as "shift" keys, effectively doubling / tripling the number of available functions. The current role of these triggers as accelerators is alright I guess, albeit redundant - the sticks are already analog inputs and that's more than satisfactory.
Mach3 is a mess.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
If there were 1000 buttons, it wouldn't be enough. I looked at using the triggers as pushbuttons and found that modifying the code to do that was more than I wanted to tackle.  I do have an idea for adding a few more buttons to the plugin.  But, it will take time to implement.  I will certainly let everyone know if and when I can do it.  Until then, you just have to be satisfied with the current configuration.

Glad you got it working.

Lee

Offline FXC

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »
Dude, make this donationware! I think you did a great job for coming up with this and even the idea in the first place, but I think with a little motivation there's always room for improvement.

I see big potential in this plugin, simply because it's most likely the cheapest "pendant" you can get (even the wireless is only $40) and it would be a shame to leave it half-baked.
Mach3 is a mess.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 04:21:49 PM »
Lee,
thanks for this great pluginn.
I've been thinking about something just like this for a while and wondering if it could be wireless also.
I don't have to search anymore, last week I discovered your pluginn and immediately ordered the wireless xbox360 controller from amazon.de.
It came in last wednesday, I connected it and installed your pluggin, no problemos with installation and the controller worked instantly, just like a charm.
Next thing was to decide which functions to assign to the available switches, underneath is my current setup, but I may want to change it in the future.
However, at the moment this is all I wanted / or needed, for EUR 37,- this makes an excellent pendant.
This controll is very responsive / agile, thus, as far as I'm concerned, this a perfect solution.
I set up feedrate in mach3 at 5%, just love the way I can go to full 100% by operating the triggers.
Furthermore, I have shaped a piece of 1mm SS welding rod to make a foundation so the controller stays upwards, in the flat position it is not so handy to pick it up with one hand, see the attached pictures bellow.
I'm so far not short in the amount of buttons, if you set it up right there are just enough of them, this will do very well for me, but maybe it would be possible to have two of these controllers attached?
(pluginn1 and pluginn2 run simultaneously?)
Then the people who need more buttons would also be helped.
Certainly nothing 'half-baked' on this pluginn IMHO.
Also I noticed that even when the controller times out and is switched back on, it stays responsive in mach3, you could correct this in your manual, where it says you need to restart mach3.
Best greetings and thanks again,
Jerry