Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:04:46 AM

Author Topic: New Version 2.3.3 XBox360 Controller plugin available  (Read 39504 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: New Version 2.3.3 XBox360 Controller plugin available
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
Hi,
It works fine in Windows 7. I suspect that you have not downloaded and installed the SDK. See documentation and link next to plugin on the MACH plugin page.
Lee

Has anyone have the xbox controller working with W7? I get messages saying "Plugin Dll defective. Reload" and "defective plugin found....ignoring" After Mach opened, plugin control only shows video window. I have the most current plugin off the web site.

Offline rickw

•  110 110
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
I finally got it working thanks to all the advice and instruction. It was well worth the trouble, so awesome to use.

Thank you Lee.
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »
Thought you might like to know that a chat pad driver is now available but it is in it's alpha testing.

http://code.google.com/p/chatpad-super-driver/wiki/GettingStarted

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2011, 10:37:11 PM »
Thanks for the info on the Chatpad driver.  I will check into it.

Lee
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2011, 04:52:27 AM »
I had this issue as well. The controller was working fine under windows, but the plugin would not load when mach3 started and wasn't in the list. I resolved the issue by running the xbox setup which is found  on the same page as the plugin download on mach3 web site... here is the link
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/0/f/00f2a67b-e10b-43b1-8cca-3deb12218f75/Xbox360_32Eng.exe

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2011, 12:49:27 AM »
I have posted a new version of the controller for testing on the Yahoo site under Lees Files.  It includes the following changes.

A safety switch function has been added via a check box on the config screen.  If you select Use Triggers as Safety Switch, then you will have to hold down one of the triggers to make any of the buttons or controls work.  In this case the triggers no longer control Jog Override.

If you assign a button to Lock/Unlock Controller, then when you press the button to Unlock it, you will get a short rumble so that you know the Controller is again active.

Moved support for various VendorIds and ProductIDs from internal hard coded to boxes on the Config Screen that you fill in.  The internal list was getting too long.

Please test it and let me know how it goes.  If everything is okay then I will have it posted to the Mach Plugins page.  To use it, you download the zip, then unzip the DLL and copy it into the C:\Mach\Plugins folder after saving the existing DLL to another folder.  You then start Mach, go to the config screen and change the red X to a green check mark, then restart Mach.  Then put in your VendorId and ProductID if your controller is not recognized.  You then restart Mach and you should be fine.

Thanks
Lee
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2011, 01:44:43 AM »
Hi Lee,
I notice sometime that reset does not work from the controller. If I hit a limit switch I need to click reset on the screen. If I click reset on the controller I can toggle... I use it as an emerg stop. But if the machine creates a reset state I need to remove it via the mach 3 screen.

Is this expected behaviour?

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2011, 11:38:12 AM »
Hi,
Yes, it is the expected behavior.  The Reset function on the controller is 1 way.  When pushed it issues an EStop.  Push it again and it issues another EStop.  The code to reset the EStop is internal to Mach.