Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:20:49 AM

Author Topic: New Version 2.3.3 XBox360 Controller plugin available  (Read 39378 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
New Version 2.3.3 XBox360 Controller plugin available
« on: December 31, 2009, 12:51:49 AM »
Hi,

A new version (2.3.3) is available from the Artsoft plugins page and includes a number of changes.

1. The thumbsticks can now work as Cont Jog or as Inc Jog.  Previously they would always be in
the Cont mode regardless of the state of the Jog in Mach.  The thumbsticks can be placed in the
Inc Jog mode by one of 2 ways:

a. putting Mach in the Inc Mode by using the keyboard, mouse or using the "Jog Mode Inc/Cont"
option.  Both thumbsticks go into Inc mode.

b. pressing the thumbstick inward.  This will shift the 2 axes for that thumbstick only into and
out of Inc Jog.

2. The Option "Jog Mode Inc/Cont/MPG" has been changed.  It now says "Jog Mode Inc/Cont" and it
toggles Mach between Inc and Cont Jog modes.

3. The 2nd box down on the left side of the config Window was named "Custom Macro 1". It should
have said "Custom Macro 2". This has been changed.

4. Support for B and C axes has been improved.

Hopefully you will find it useful

Lee
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:53:36 AM by Leed3 »
Re: New Version 2.3.3 XBox360 Controller plugin available
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:59:27 PM »
OK, This may be a really dumb question on the controller. First I want to let everyone know that I never had, seen or used any video games in 20 years. So please give me a bit of a break.

Here is goes.

All the Xbox360 controllers I see on ebay are wireless. If there are no wired ones then how do you get it to connect to your computer? Maybe there are wired ones?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »
Ok, dumb question answered, I just saw wired ones on ebay. Guess I should have looked harder.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »
Hi,

Wired XBox360 Controllers connect to the USB port.  Wireless XBox360 controllers for Windows come in 2 parts 1. the wireless controller and 2. a small rectangular shaped receiver/transmitter that plugs into the USB port.

If you are planning on getting a controller make sure of the following:
 1. Get Microsoft brand,
 2. when looking at Wireless, make sure it says XBox360 controller for Windows (the one for the XBox360 doesn't have the little transmitter/receiver, and
 3. Make sure it is XBox360 not XBOX. The older controllers for the original XBox do not work with my plugin.

Hope that helps.
Lee
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 04:53:59 PM »
Thanks for all the info on the controller.

Bret
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 10:32:39 AM »
Lee,
First, thanks for the great Xbox plugin.  It really helps. 

I would prefer to operate the X and Y axes with the right thumb button instead of the left, but when doing this the X movement is SLOOOOOOOOW - Y is OK.

Is there a setting somewhere that will speed this up?

Regards,
John Champlain

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »
Hi John,

The plugin works fine with the axes swapped.  Internally, all thumbstick movements pass through the same code.  Your problem can only be one of three things. 1. controller needs recalibrating (Windows Control Panel) 2.controller is physically defective (will show up when recalibrating) 3. Mach3 settings for Motor Tuning are incorrect.

Give those things a check and let me know if you still have problems.
Lee
Lee,
First, thanks for the great Xbox plugin.  It really helps. 

I would prefer to operate the X and Y axes with the right thumb button instead of the left, but when doing this the X movement is SLOOOOOOOOW - Y is OK.

Is there a setting somewhere that will speed this up?

Regards,
John Champlain
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 03:27:52 PM »
Many Thanks, Lee.
Working now.  Didn't realize that I needed to also calibrate/set it up it in Windows.

Best Regards,
John Champlain
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Lee,

I have been trying to install your plugin. I downloaded your install PDF and followed. The .m3p file seemed to work (extract the .dll) and notify me when I open Mach3 on my test machine. On my produciton machine the .m3p was placed in the Mach3\Plugin folder, but did not extract the .dll and I get no notification when I open Mach3 and does not show up when I open Plugin Control. Help Please?

Regards,

Terry Frisbie

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
Hi Terry,

It did not install correctly.  Possible causes: 1. faulty download, 2. protected folders, 3. Vista or Win7 without Admin rights, etc.  

The easiest fix:

The m3p file simply contains the DLL.  During a proper installation, the DLL is placed in the \plugins folder and then the m3p file is erased.  That is all there is to the m3p file. So do it manually.

Copy the XBox360Controller.DLL from the test pc to the production pc in the folder Mach3\Plugins.  Then try it and let me know if you have any problems.

Lee
Lee,

I have been trying to install your plugin. I downloaded your install PDF and followed. The .m3p file seemed to work (extract the .dll) and notify me when I open Mach3 on my test machine. On my produciton machine the .m3p was placed in the Mach3\Plugin folder, but did not extract the .dll and I get no notification when I open Mach3 and does not show up when I open Plugin Control. Help Please?

Regards,

Terry Frisbie