Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:46:40 AM

Author Topic: Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )  (Read 189182 times)

Re: Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »
Hello.  I need a post processor for mastercam V9 and through the search feature I found this thread.  Will this post work for V9 as well??  How do I save it in mastercam??  I tried downloading it and saving to my desktop where I copied it and pasted in the posts folder, but when I try to post a file from mastercam I cannot select this post.  In other words it does not show up in the selections in mastercam.  Please help.  All this is new territory, thanks for helping.

Doug
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 05:04:28 AM »
Hi

I'm not sure if the post I modified will work or not but there is another post processor for mastercam V9 that I've found from the links section of this webpage, see here http://cnc.novalab.org/mach_files.htm about half way down the page.

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »
Thank you very much, I'll give that one a try.   :)
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 01:38:32 AM »
HI to all, i have installed BOSS_MACH.pst on my Mastercam9, this return on error:

"Combined Mill and Lathe Post Processor Version 9.00r  (c) Copyright 1992-2002  CNC Software, Inc.
Processing file with BOSS MACH3...Illegal character $ on left side of equation.
Post line number  127
Program execution halted due to error(s) in .pst"

and not write file CNC

what is the problem?

thank in advance

Franco
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 06:24:05 AM »
Yer I tried the Boss Mach.Pst file and got the same errors, when you go thru and remove all the $ signes then there are other messages saying things like "errror in line 137 qualifier expected ($) or other such device"

I am currently using the PSt offered by Novalab and have no problems (touch wood...SO FAR!!!) .
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 03:08:43 PM »
I'm fairly sure it just because the Boss Mach.pst file is for mastercamX not V9, I don't think you will be able to get it working either, I sugest using the one from Novalab or the standard fanuc post, it's near enough the same anyway.

Chris
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 06:01:21 PM »
Does anyone have a post that works with MastercamX? I tried the one in this thread and could not get it to work right. we just upgraded to X at work and i'd like to beable to use the code at home on my router.

Darren
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »
Darren

What doesn't work, the Boss_Mach3.txt, if so have you changed the .txt to .pst and if you've done that what's the problem, try and be as specific as you can and I might be able to help.

Chris
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
ok - who can help a newbie to MC-X -
How do I get Mastercam X to output a g-code file
to cut with Mach3 ?
I downloaded creep_pea's mach3 post processor,
(renamed to .pst), and saved with alll the other pst files.
now what ?

Offline nsh

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »
Hello,
I am having dificulty in engraving in Red/Cam - Mach3 CNC machine. The machine is not folowing the design on MasterCam properly. The CNC is not even working properly during the setup, for example the pageup key bring the milling machine down and vise versa. Would you please let me know what has gone wrong? has anything happend in the screen configuration set up of the masterCam?

Thanks