Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:53:56 PM

Author Topic: Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )  (Read 189206 times)

Offline tivoi

•  29 29
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all post processors. ( Help me to help you )
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 06:46:48 AM »
are you have VISI pp ?

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »
hi,

can anyone help me to become a postprocessor for alphacam (version 7) --> mach3 (turning).

thanks

antoine
the netherlands
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
This may sound dumb but when i download the file and rename it with the .PST extenstion on it it stays a text file.
what am I doing worng??

Here the one I'm using with mastercamX, it only does 3 axis though and I've limited the feed to 800mm/min.

Edit (6/12/06) changed the work offsets in the post to work in Mach, will now do G59P7 etc.

Sorry I can't attach the post as .pst file so you will have to change the .txt to .pst after downloading
"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
Once you have downloaded it make sure its not ***.pst.txt, if it is then delete the .txt from the end.

Hood
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 04:20:54 AM »
I'd like to modify a post file for MastercamX, to work with some of the custom functions I've built for my mill.  Is there a specification somewhere that explains formatting and commands found inside post files?  Or do I have to request documentation from both Mach3 and Mastercam?  Not sure where to start. 

The good news is that I'm into programming so all this stuff makes sense and I won't be nagging anyone for help.  But I do need a reference point to get me started.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Cure

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 05:29:27 AM »
Usually CAM programmes come with a post editor so all you need to do is pick a post processor thats near to what you want then change it to suit. There should also be a help file which should give you an idea of the way to use the editor, I have never used MasterCAM so dont know for sure.
 The mach manual should give you the info you need as far as canned cycles variables are concerned.
Hood
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 05:33:36 AM »
Given my obsessive, compulsive nature I think I found something.  Inside Mastercam X there seems to be a post processor setup wizard.  I'll post (no pun intended) more info once I figure out what the heck I'm doing.  From what I've seen so far, it asks for things like:

where the center of the axis are (for multi axis machines)
spindle min/max speeds
4th + 5th axis to be defined at mm/sec or degrees/sec
invert individual axis
custom g-code setups for things like coolant; mist, medium, high
...Plus a million other things

I think I found what I was looking for!  ;D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2008, 06:13:24 AM »
Yes thats it, it will also ask how you want moves to be written to your code, for example if you do a spindle reversal you may want to stop before a direction change so you can set up the processor to output a M5 before it puts a M4.

Hood
Post Processor for a CNC Jr. machine from CNC Masters
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »
I want to know if the Mach 3 program has a post processor for the CNC Jr. machine from CNC Masters?
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »
Can not get the posted link to work.

Also,
If I download the Boss.txt and rename to Boss.pst, where do I put it in the MasterCam files so it can be used by MasterCam?
All the files I have checked relating to posts and machines do not have the .pst extension. If I select a .pst file in Mastercam I get an invalid file error.
Thanks