Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:44:06 AM

Author Topic: Feedrate override for dummies? Please?  (Read 9481 times)

Re: Feedrate override for dummies? Please?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 09:36:51 AM »
Well, is is the simplicity of the thing. Digital input from a digital device. The A-pac required DC power, mounting, shielding and the use of Keygrabber. The encoder goes directly to the input section of the BOB or straight to the parport. I tried your brain and got errors (9991 I think) and the Pokey plugin I downloaded was defective. Since then, I have deleted all unused plugins and redownloaded the Pokeys plugin. I need to try your brain again because the Pokey would consolidate my inputs. providing I can get the Pokeys config to do the stuff I want. I like the concept of Brains because they are always there running in the background and they seem pretty fast. Now if I can get MY brain to agree!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 11:14:48 AM »
Ok seems a few have had that error, if you rename the Brain it should work fine, just have a single word name, no spaces or that can give an error.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
I have tried all kinds of methods to get a knob on the front of my panel to set feedrate manually. An arcade control (A-pac) with a pot is the only one I have gotten to work to date. I would like to just use an encoder/MPG to input through two parport inputs and do its thing. I got the encoder changing the MPG#1 DRO but that is as far as I have gotten. How do I get Mach to take this input and apply it to the feedrate? Simply. For dummies. Like me.

I have the same problem here. I have a CNC lathe and I want to add a pot or encoder for JOG/Rapid feed override. Anyone know a easyway to do that?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »
Using a PoKeys is about the cheapest option I think.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »
Hood

Just to be sure, I have a some questions:

Can I use a pot to control rapid feedrate? ( 0 to maximum)
Can I use a second pot to control feedrate overide? ( 0  to 200% programmed feed)
Can I use a third pot to control spindle RPM? ( 0 to 120% programmed RPM)

The plug-in do this or I need to use a external script?

Thank you

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 08:23:12 PM »
Hood

Just to be sure, I have a some questions:

Can I use a pot to control rapid feedrate? ( 0 to maximum)
Can I use a second pot to control feedrate overide? ( 0  to 200% programmed feed)
Can I use a third pot to control spindle RPM? ( 0 to 120% programmed RPM)

The plug-in do this or I need to use a external script?

Thank you

Yes you can do all three or you could link the Rapid to FRO and it would work with the FRO pot.

The easiest way is to do it via a Brain, easy enough to do :)
Hood
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 05:35:51 PM »
Well, I finally got all mine done with a LOGITECH joypad that I took apart and wired into a REAL joystick and some quality pots. The USB connection works well through Keygrabber but two of the pots wake up in a new world every time I restart the machine. I have to run them all the way up and all the way down before they will linearize. Not a small task with 5 and 10 turn pots. I wish they were digital but maybe next time.