Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:35:06 AM

Author Topic: Softlimits  (Read 56261 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Softlimits
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 09:37:10 PM »
Thanks, Im looking into it, I must have screwed up a negative sign.

As to regening, it shoudlnt be necessary , rezeroing is taken into account so an autoregen woudl only hurt, particularly on large files..

Anyway, Im off to the code base.. :)

Art
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2006, 04:34:12 AM »
As to regening, it shoudlnt be necessary

I found if I just altered a offset then pressed cycle start it wouldn't give me a warning message even when I knew it would exceed the limits, this would only happen if the previous offset used was ok. I can see that you wouldn't want to do a autoregen as they do start to take a long time when the file size get large.

Would it be possible to include radius comp into the calculations as well, if not don't worry I'm not that fussed just thinking of other people.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Thanks

Chris
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »
Hi

Just been trying the latest version, Version RC2.0f, unfortunately it still doesn't work correctly for me.

I'm having trouble with the tool offsets again but not as before. I can't quite work out what it's doing but it's not right.

Sorry for hassling you

Chris
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2006, 11:14:57 PM »
No problem... there is a new version on line and I don't know if Art worked on that :( I will try to talk to him about that when I see him down at the Camp.

Thank you for telling us that it is not right

Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2006, 07:31:19 AM »
Brian

Tried version RC2.0g, still no joy.

I'm guessing you already knew this but I thought I'd make sure.

Cheers

Chris

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »
Chris:

Too general a report. I need to know exactly what your doing when you get the error. Does it happen only when you get a
G43 loaded up, or what?

Art
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »
Art

I think you have the tool offsets put on the wrong way, when running my little test program all works well with the work offsets but when using tool offsets it messes up.

If I just put a negative tool offset in and run my program I get a soft limit warning for Z max and if I put a large enough positive tool offset I get a soft limit warning for Z min. This is the wrong way around, well it is to me.

I've noticed if the tool offset is altered so it throws up a softlimit warning, it  doesn't matter what I do with the work offset it will always give me a warning as if it checks the tool offset on it own before adding the work offset and rechecking, maybe you intended it doing this and it will work properly when the tool offset is added the correct way.

It also seams to change the work offsets from abs to inc when clicking and typing into the box, this only happens every now and again, but I can't explain when this happens just that it has a couple of times when messing with the tool offsets.

Hope this helps and isn't to confusing.

Chris

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2006, 06:41:50 PM »
Thanks Chris:

I have that on my lst.. Shoudl be fixed very shorty.. like for tomorrow..
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »
Art

I've tried Version R2.0.000 this seams to be the same as I said in the last post i.e the tool offset the wrong way round I guess it may even be the exact same version.

I also tried Version RC2.0h earlier, this gave me a softlimits warning every time I used a tool offset wether it be positive or negative seamed to be the correct way around though with the + - direction.

Thanks and I hope this helps

Chris
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 09:22:01 PM »
I downloaded the newest version today.It cleared up the z axis softlimit,but still gives the warning for x and y.Havent been able to make it work on anything past r1.84.Thanks,Joe.