Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:04:58 PM

Author Topic: Softlimits  (Read 56265 times)

Re: Softlimits
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2006, 10:21:54 PM »
I will be working on that tomorrow :) Thank you!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 09:01:01 PM »
After testing for an hour I can't see a problem :( The only thing that I can that may be a problem is the G91 G28 Z0.0 ... I would like you to try changing them to G0 G53 Z0.0 It will do the same thing...

Could you get me a smaller test file that gives you trouble? Long files are a bitch... I spend hours watching the screen :(

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 05:31:20 AM »
Brian

Many thanks for trying to sort this.

I've never had a problem with the G91 G28 Z0.0 line or that program for going into the softlimits, the problem I had with that program was it warn me that I would exceed the softlimits but it never did, this was with versions D1.90.081 &  D1.90.090, the later versions 1.90.093, 1.90.094 & RC2.0.a don't give me this warning even if they will exceed the softlimits.

When I go onto the softlimits is usually when I've got one tool longer than the rest of them and I call a line like this G43 H1 Z20. obviously it rapids straight up into the softlimit if the tool length is similar or larger than the Z work offset.

This is a test file I use to test the softlimits are working it's the same as the other one I posted a few days back but with a tool length offset also.

G0G54G90
G43H1Z-1.
X230.
Y150.
Z-60.
X0.
Y0.
Z-1.
M30

With my .xml if X, Y, Z, or H1 offsets are greater than 1 then the machine will go onto the softlimits, as I said earlier versions D1.90.081 &  D1.90.090 when on to the softlimits but gave no warning if I did this but if I put a offset less than -1 in it would give me a warning but then not go onto the softlimits, it was like there was a minus missing in a formula somewhere.
The latest versions I can't get them to give me a warning what ever I do.

Cheers

Chris
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:33:26 AM by creep_pea »
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 07:25:50 AM »
I think I know what is going on here... Art has been working like a dog and I sent him the Code that I worked on and he just didn't add it to the biuld. It happens from time to time because he and I work on so many things at one time.

Sorry about that
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 07:47:39 AM »
Ah that kind of makes sense, kept thinking I must be doing something really dumb here with you saying it works.

One other thing, I've noticed the machine stops moving when it goes on to a softlimit in that particular axis but caries on with the program, it didn't use to do this and I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, I think I'd perfer it to stop the program to be safe or have you got a good reason for it doing this?

Looking forward to the next release.

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2006, 03:03:44 PM »
Brian

I take it you haven't manage to hasle Art yet or if you have it's still not working. Tried versions RC2.0.b & c.

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 06:43:12 AM »
I have been working on other code and didn't know that he was going to put out a new release :( I have it on the list for tonight.

Sorry about that
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 09:08:20 AM »
Brian

Just downloaded the latest version (RC2.0.d) noticed you managed to get Art to put your code in.

Been testing it out, works brilliantly with work offsets and I like how it now tells you which axis is going to exceed it limits.  Thanks  :)

But I still having trouble when I use tool offsets I think you might of got a minus missing or one to many, as when I've got a positive tool offset, enough to exceed the softlimit I get no warning, do the same but change the tool offset to a negative value and I get a warning but don't go near the limit.

Also would it be possible to automatically regen the toolpath every time the start button is pressed or every time a offset is changed or even better regen the tool path on pressing the start button only when a offset has been changed.

Thanks

Chris
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 09:25:14 AM by creep_pea »
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 09:38:37 AM »
Here's my latest test file if you want to use it.

I'll let you guess what my next request will be :D I think you'll get it when you look at the file.

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 09:06:38 PM »
Art found a fre problems with the data that was getting sent to calc the limits and I think he may have a negitive where it should not be... if that is the ony thing that went bad it is a good day... Told him about the problem...

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com