Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:50:09 AM

Author Topic: Softlimits  (Read 56275 times)

Re: Softlimits
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 09:59:49 AM »
I've downloaded the latest version D1.90.090 and it does as you say warns you that "softlimits may be exceeded" but it seams to warn of this even when there not going to be exceeded.

Been having a play with it and it works well until I use a work offset or a tool offset, it seams to take these into account the wrong way around i.e. softlimits are set at +-100 in each direction, tell the machine to go to x100 with a work offset of x20, machine sets of without softlimit warning message but then hits the softlimits, tell the machine to go to x-100 with a work offset of x20, machine dissplays softlimit warning message but then doesn't hit the softlimit.

In this latest version when the softlimits are hit the program carries on running but stops the machine from going passed the softlimit, is this new or is it just me who's only just spotted it. For my machine this could cause problems as when the machine runs into the softlimits it losses it position.

Hope this helps you to sort it.

Cheers

Chris

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 10:49:07 AM »
Could you please send me a program that is giving you an error and your XML? I will see if I can get it to work  :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 01:42:20 PM »
Hi Brian

I get this problem with all of my programs unless I don't use tool offsets and work offsets, I also have tried on different computers and even version D1.90.081 but they all have the same problem.

Here's the last program I used which didn't go near the softlimits but did have the warning message, I've also attached my tool offsets and work offsets. Oh yeah I was using G59 for the work offset.

Many Thanks

Chris
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »
Brian

Any luck with this? or have you sorted it already, I notice there is a new version of Mach out will test it tomorrow.

I guess with you not getting straight back it not something silly that I'm doing wrong but something thats testing your skills.

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 07:59:21 PM »
It should be fixed... I know I worked on the code and had it working here :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 05:57:42 AM »
Thanks for trying Brian but unfortunately it isn't working on my computer.

I'm still getting the same problem it's like I've got the axes reversed or something, I'm running in Max CL mode if that makes any difference.

I've attached the test file I'm using to see if it works, the code runs fine with no work offset, if I put a positive offset in the machine runs on to its softlimits but doesn't warn me, if I put a negative offset in it warns me of exceeding the softlimits but goes no where near them? This happens in all the axes.

Thanks again for your efforts so far

Chris
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 10:24:38 PM »
It is not in the new version... It should be n the next one...
Thanks
Brian

(Shoudl be Monday)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 02:31:13 AM »
Whoops

I try again Monday

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 10:23:08 AM »
Tried again today with Version 1.90.093 but still no joy ???

This time I never get a warning message even if I going to exceed the softlimits.

Cheers

Chris
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2006, 02:30:47 PM »
Hi Brian

Sorry to keep bugging you, but I tried version 1.90.094 and I'm still getting no warning messages.

I realise this may not be to important as nobody else seams to have a problem or at least there not moaning about it but I'd like to see it working and it would save me some drive transistors. ;D

Thanks

Chris