Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:47:52 PM

Author Topic: Converting a DSP Controller system to Mach 3  (Read 34373 times)

Re: Converting a DSP Controller system to Mach 3
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 05:14:06 PM »
It looks very much like it. The Model/Serial number on mine is

RZTHNC-053xSI-080522 The one on the web site is
RZTHNC-053XS-080616

As you can see there is very little difference. The board in their picture looks very much the same as well.

Martyn.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »
 Ok so it must be a very basic control, no graphical toolpath representation or anything. If you convert to Mach you will I presume just be using a mouse and keyboard along with the computer?
 Do you have a pic or a link of your actual machine?
Hood
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 05:38:39 PM »
Hood,
       I have a very small CNC Router that I built myself last year. It operates using Mach 3. I wanted to use the computer and mouse because I find it much easier to use than the Pendant. I am still trying to set up this machine and am having a hard time doing so. For one thing the machine needs to be turned on all of the time, or the pendant reverts to its original configurations, which are all incorrect for this machine.

The machine is almost brand new, I purchased it from a fellow here in Canada who had bought it but then was moving into an apartment and he had no room for it. I do not think it has actually bee used to cut anything. Either that or it was very well cleaned.

Martyn.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 05:45:45 PM »
Looks like a nice wee machine and now I realise that the pendant is the control and you will be doing away with it then the retrofit to Mach has become even easier :)
 Breakout, Speed Controller, few relays and your computer and you are set :)
Hood
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 05:56:45 PM »
Thanks Hood,
               That was what I needed to know. As I said, I do not like the pendant control at all. I figured I would use it if I had to but would much prefer to use a computer and something like Mach 3. Much easier all around.

I have sent an email to Peter and will wait to see what he has to say. I will keep you up dated as things go on.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Martyn.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 06:04:35 PM »
No probs, if you need any help setting Mach up etc just shout back and I am sure you will get the info you need :) Oh BTW pendants are still nice as secondary controls for such things as jogging and external buttons, I have made one for the mill I am doing at the moment and I think I will make another for the lathe. Quite a few people are now selling them for use with Mach.
Hood
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »
I will keep that in mind. Hopefully things will go a little smoother in the New Year.

Martyn.
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 10:31:51 PM »
nice info in this thread.
iam also planning for such china router for my wood work.so before that i want to know exactly what lies in side that 50 pin controller(dsp pendent).if some thing goes wrong will we be able to repair it?
if any one have its circuit layout pls share with us.
as per my guess there shld be a PIC or AVR inside that controller.so how doest it do linear interpolation nd circular interpolations etc.and ofcourse acceleration and de-acceleration calculations too.

iam more worried abt the DSP than the drivers of interface board.

Need some desperate help here
Regards

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 04:07:48 AM »
Hello,

i have exactly the same problem as MARWELLCA I do want to convert the same kind of CNC Chineese machine from DSP Controller to Mach3 & I am looking for solutions technically how to do.

Could you please give me some help.

Many thanks

David

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 11:07:47 AM »
Hi All,
For what this worth is worth, as i have a similar but different system, made by Multimek, and that pendant looks
almost the same. My system had steppers, drives, power supply, an interface board etc. The drives needed to be flashed based on a program which would control the stepper movements and the buttons on the pendant would, based on programing, could do basic control finctions. As a system, it was meant to do something over and over, like controlling robots. At first i though, woo....woo, a nice four axis contoller. Long story short........

The tech people said, even though you could convert it for a different controlling program like MACH, the drives and communications just wouldn't cut it for CNC machining and would be limited.
They said i would not be satisfied even if i got all working.

Would be nice if you could find out more about the drives. You have a box, power supply ( which should be adequate for the drives / steppers) and connections. So the controller is basically there. Just need to trace out the wiring and find out what each is for / connected to, so you can do some wiring changes as others have said.
Once that is known, you can add the other things BOB, SS or whatever to refine that controller to make it do what
you want with MACH.

Like I said, for whatever this is reply is worth, LOL

RICH