Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:50:52 AM

Author Topic: ports and pins  (Read 28045 times)

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
Re: ports and pins
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2008, 07:27:10 PM »
Hi rabphxaz ,
  The answer to the second part of your first question (if you have not heard yet),
is to use the "arcs version" if you want to generate g2 or g3 moves in place of dozens of short tiny g1 moves.
 be sure to check the"mach arc inches" or" mach arc mm" whichever you prefer to work in.
   Glenn :) 
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »
Brett and Hood,
Tried downloading from the top of the page and am getting error messages that say a "decompression error has occurred (#5). I then have the options to abort, retry, or ignore. I ignored the first 2, but I aborted after the third one. Please advise.
Thanx, Bob

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »
Are you trying to download and save or run? Try to save to your desktop and then run.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »
That's what I did.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2008, 02:44:54 AM »
Just downloaded it myself and its working fine, maybe try again?
Hood
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2008, 12:02:47 PM »
Hi Hood,
Tried again, same thing. I'm wondering if the problem is with my computer, because I remember the same thing happening when I first downloaded Mach a month ago. I hit a decompression error and chose IGNORE, which may be the reason why I now can't import Gcode. I will try to line up another computer -- do I need to somehow transfer the license to the other pc to do this?
Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »
You can just copy the Mach1lic.dat  file over to your new computer, either by network, cd, email or whatever method. You should find it in the Mach3 folder on your old computer.
Hood
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »
Hi Hood,
Well, drove over to a friend's house and tried to download from there. Got the same error message, except that this time it reads, decompression error (#7)" instead of "decompression error (#5). I'm at a loss -- what do you think?
Thanx, Bob

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2008, 11:42:49 PM »
I downloaded yesterday with no trouble. What browser are you using? I'm useing IE 7 and I think Hood is useing Opera.

Are you getting the error while trying to download or when trying to run (install Mach)?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »
On both computers I saved it to the desktop and then ran the install program. My browser is Firefox, and I think the other computer uses Firefox also. I tried both the link that Hood gave me and the download page from the website. I will try using IE.
Bob