Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:50:27 AM

Author Topic: V2.82 ready for test, also for Tormach users  (Read 23339 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: V2.82 ready for test, also for Tormach users
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 10:33:38 PM »
Yes, it will only update when you press the calculate buttons. VB has no way to know that a DRO value was changed.

The problem was they were not updating when I pressed the calculate button.  It would work on the first go round, but any time after that, if you changed a value in the % DRO then pressed calculate, it would not change the speed and feed.  The only way I could get it to work was exit the wizard all the way back to mach, then re-start the wizards.

Vince
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »
Just upgraded from 2.79 and appreciate that you fixed the surfacing wizard. Now Tool Lenghts are enabled by default and the spindle speed is set and enabled. You don't know how much panic sets in when the spindle isn't running and your tool is approaching at 100 ipm. The only thing that saved that collision was the accidental fact that you disabled tool lengths and my tool just missed the surface.

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2009, 06:50:27 PM »
I take back that last post. The Surfacing still doesn't work. The code in the preview window before posting is fairly correct but when the code is posted the code that is prepended and appended is wrong.

The Tool Offset G43 is removed and replaced with G49. The spindle speed is removed along with the coolant macro.

I found the surface macro leaves the code in Test.tap and was able to somewhat combine it manually into the output code to get it to work. It would be great if you could fix this, it seems that the individual processor is outputting code that is almost correct but the main menu kind of screws it up.

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »
I do not see that problem. Could you post a short file here generated by the wizard?

I am going to put a new version, 2.83,  in a new topic.
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »
Here is the code from the surfacing option.

It appears that the file Test.tap is created when I preview the moves under the surface screen. See how it contains the lines with "M6 T18" and "M03 S4000" and "G43 H18". This is what I would expect, it calls out the tool I selected, enables tool offsets, and starts the spindle at the desired RPMs.

Then look at the result in "New Program" and you can see that G43 is cancelled out along with no command to start the spindle, enable coolant or program the spindle speed.

This was output from the 2.82 version I downloaded yesterday.
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 08:32:18 AM »
V2.82 has a bug in the preview code of the surface wizard.

The wizards are built so that you can assemble one large program by running several steps. As an efficiency each step keep track of the tool used, and saves it in a var. When code is generated it looks to see if this code will use the same tool last used, if so it does not output the tool change code.

The surface wizard has a bug in preview that changes the current tool setting. Then when the post code is generated it looks at current tool, sees we are using the same tool we used last time so it does not issue the tool code. The preview should not change the tool setting.

I have fixed this in v2.83.