Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:09:42 PM

Author Topic: V2.82 ready for test, also for Tormach users  (Read 22545 times)

Re: V2.82 ready for test, also for Tormach users
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 08:59:54 PM »
OK, I see what you are doing- you create a description by taking the tool number and diameter.

In my display I show the tool number, and the diameter. If the system has a description I show it, otherwise I show 'unknown'

I have talked to Tormach and they will be updating their version to include the GetToolDesc. for now I'm going to leave the wizard as it is.

What I need to know is does my test work OK on a tormach system- does it display 'unknown' in a tool table, or does it give  VB error message?
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 11:27:14 AM »
Ron,
I am gettin an error message rather than the "unknown". I have the PCNC software installed in the path "C:\PCNC3\".  I also have the Mach 3 software installed in "C:\Mach3\", however, I am running the wizard from the PCNC3 software.  I looked at your code and I can't explain why it is not working either.  Is there a tool to allow de-bugging realtime to watch the variables during the code execution like I can do in more typical VB programming for PC aplications?

Pat
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 11:40:17 AM »
Thanks,that was  the info I needed, although I dont like the answer :-)

The VB in Mach is very weak- there are no debugging tools. All you can do is put msgbox notes in the code.

Ill look at it and see if I can figure it out.
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
sounds good Ron.  I am not familiar with command "Set pathstring = fso.GetFolder(".")  " so I am not much help.

In the mean time, I wil modify the screen as I didin the prior version so I can select from my tool table.  I find this ability very useful.

Thanks again for the wizard package....its a great time saver for basic machining.
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 01:14:56 PM »
Ron,.....I just sent a response to ypur personal message.  I am not as familiar with the forum workings as I should be so it took me a while to realize I had a personal message to respond to.....Pat

Offline Monty

•  116 116
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 03:57:30 PM »
Ron,

I just had a problem with the cut a circle wizard. I was trying to cut an inside circle to mount a motor on a plate. The circle would cut properly, but the lead in would move outside the circle and then back in, resulting in a little half moon cut outside the circle at the entry point. The lead out worked properly and the circle was the correct dia. So the tool dia. compensation is working. I updated to the latest version of the wizards, thinking that was the problem. Unfortunately it still made the funny little move at the entry point.

I did manage a workaround by turning on the groove option. That caused the funny little move to happen above the part followed by a straight plunge into the material.

Not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong. :-[

Monty

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 11:54:13 AM »
I ran into a problem with version 2.82 running under Mach .043.  I tried to run the wizard to make a circular groove.  The settings I used are in the attachment.  Mach gives me an error on the line highlighted in the other attachment.  Also, in the same screen, even if I click save settings, when I return to the wizard the X value for the center of the circle changes from 0 back to 1.

Vince
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 03:55:01 PM »
Yes, I know about that problem. Its one of the new rules for the comp code, there has to be a straight line exit from comp and that wizard did an arc. I have fixed the code and started testing it, but got sidetracked. I will finish it and get 2.83 out in the next day or two.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 05:33:23 PM »
There is also a problem with the speeds and feeds page.  Once you have gone though it for a wizard, when you go back through it again for another wizard, the spindle RPM will not update if you change the spindle %.  I believe the same is true for feed %.

Vince
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
Yes, it will only update when you press the calculate buttons. VB has no way to know that a DRO value was changed. I re-arranged that whole screen a while ago to try to make it more obvious that you need to go through it step by step.

The % override values however actually get used on later screens, so they will be used in generating the code.