Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:15:18 PM

Author Topic: No Pulse Frequency!  (Read 26767 times)

No Pulse Frequency!
« on: December 04, 2008, 03:50:20 PM »
I've tried looking for info on 0 Pulse Frequency in Mach, but could not find any posts.  I apologize if this is a common question. 
I've just install the latest lockdown Mach 3 R3.042.020.  I had version 1.84 working great before, but wanted to stay up-to-date with revisions.  My system is an Intel Celeron D 2.6 Ghz on a ASUS P5S800-VM motherboard with 700+ Mb ram running WinXP with service pack 3.  I've updated all the drivers and bios. 
I've got windows stripped down and had version 1.84 working great.  Upon installing R3.042.020 I can run DriverTest after running SpecialDriver and Mach takes control and shows pulses per second.  It runs the test and completes.  As a side note, if I try to run DriverTest using OriginalDriver, it does not output a pulse per second.  I've always used SpecialDriver to get Mach to run on this machine and both DriverTest and Mach used to run fine. 
Now DriverTest runs fine like I've mentioned, but when I run Mach under "Diagnostics" Pulse Frequency is 0.  If pulse frequency is 0 nothing works.  Why is pulse frequency 0?   What other settings, besides SpecialDriver,  affect pulse frequency?   Thanks.  Roger
Re: No Pulse Frequency!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »
Tried a few more things. 
Version 2.63 works fine using SpecialDriver.  Pulse Frequency runs at my setting of 35 khz.
If I do not install Parallel port driver for version 3.042.020 then under Pulse Frequency I get "simulate".  I run SpecialDriver and Pulse Frequency goes to 0.  Thanks for any help.  Roger

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »
You need the parallel port driver installed for Mach to work however I think installing the special or Original driver should do the same. A zero pulse suggests that the driver is not installed correctly yet you are getting the driver test working which seems strange. I would try downloading and installing 020 version again and making sure to choose the parallel port drive in the install. If that doesnt work then again try the special driver and see and if that doesnt work then shout back again and maybe someone can help you out.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »
Thanks Hood. 

I tried installing 3.042.020 with the parallel driver and both DriverTest and Mach would not register a pulse frequency.  I ran SpecialDriver afterwards and got DriverTest to register a pulse frequency but still no response in Mach.  I reinstalled 2.63 and it is running fine once again.  I can keep using 2.63, but it going to bug me forever as to why this new version does not work.   Anyone else have any other ideas? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »
I will ask Brian to have a look here and see if he has any suggestions.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
Manualy uninstall the driver and reinstall the Driver.. I have seen this on some computers..

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:19:39 PM »
To manually uninstall do I just delete the mach.sys file in /win/system32? (Or the directory it is found in?)
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 05:22:56 PM »
It is in the manual... you will be in device manager right click / remove driver

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 05:23:33 PM »
I'll give it a try.  Thanks!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »
Removed the driver manually.  Restarted the computer.  Reinstalled the 3.042 version.  Reinstalled SpecialDriver. Restarted Computer.  Same results as before.  DriverTest runs, Mach does not.  Any other ideas?