Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:08:55 PM

Author Topic: No Pulse Frequency!  (Read 26769 times)

Re: No Pulse Frequency!
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »
Gave it a shot and no change.  Still got 0 pulse frequency in Mach and DriverTest works fine.  One thing I am noticing as I switch from version 3.042 to version 2.63, is the load time for the program.  Version 2.63 loads right up with a single system beep.  With version 3.042, I double click the icon, it loads the splash screen, it gives a beep and the splash screen disappears, then about a 5 sec delay, another beep and Mach loads up.  Don't know if that says anything, but it is a change from one version to another.  Thanks again for your efforts.  Roger 
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »
Check your error log.. I think you are getting a driver error..

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »
Here is the button that you need to press to open the file.. also it is called LastErrors.txt
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 12:45:57 PM »
Here is the file.  . 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:47:40 PM by quilt-ez »
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 12:46:57 PM »
Hey what do you know!  It does have an error in there.  Some how didn't see it! 
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 01:17:39 PM »
Sucess!!  Sucess!!  I reinstalled the driver with your mach3.noapic file and it worked this time!!  The pulse frequency comes up and the router moves!!  I can now use Version 3.042!! 

Here is how it was fixed;
1) Install Version 3.042.020
2) Place Brian's "Mach3.noapic" in Mach folder
3) Run SpecialDriver
4) Reboot
5) Run Mach

Thanks again.  This is a great program and has worked great in our shop!  Thanks again.  Roger
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
LOL I wsa thinking that last one should have fixed you :)

It is in the new installer (for the next Rev) so you should no longer have a problem..
Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »
I wrote a question about erratic stepper. I thought I had fixed it by adjusting the step per pulse under motor tuning for the problem axis. I left the machine for lunch and went back run again and nothing. I looked at diagnostics tab and pulse frequency is sitting at 100. Nothing in the event history other than e-stop from me hitting the reset.

I have to believe if this pulse frequency is dropping out randomly the steppers would act very strange.?

Seeing the dialog under this topic I will apply the fixes suggested.

Let me know if I should be looking at something else.

Thanks,

B.E.N.
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2009, 07:43:35 AM »
Well it's been a while since I last looked at this topic but it has now come up again.

I'm not getting any output from my parallel port. Driver test runs fine and doesnt report any problems.
The whole system was working but it isnt anymore and it is displaying the exact same problems from this post, all I did was reinstall Lazy cam and now I'm not getting anything.

My pulse frequency is 25450, I can see the current position changing when I jog the machine but I'm not getting any change of the Lights on the diagnostic tab telling me what the Port 1 pins current sate is.
I used a DMM to measure the direction output on the parallel port and I'm not seeing any changes on the port.

I tried to reinstall with the special driver and I got no output on the driver test so I returned to the original driver, but I'm just not getting anything when running Mach3. Please help me.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2009, 08:06:50 AM »
Double check you have the correct port address set.
Hood