Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:45:57 PM

Author Topic: Screens and Wizards  (Read 29074 times)

Screens and Wizards
« on: December 18, 2005, 05:07:32 PM »
Hi guys, just joined up here and I'd like to ask questions.
I have, and am in the process of, configuring Mach 3. I am going to install a breakout board to wire up my limit swiches so I'm not fully operable yet. Well I've seen a few of Art's videos and I don't have a screen like his and I'd like one. It seems to be a little more friendlier then just what I've been given. So, how can I get one like that? And I don't seem to have any wizards at all. Do I have to purchace them as addons? What say you?
Re: Screens and Wizards
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:11:15 PM »
Hello,
The screen set is in the download of Mach3. you can download it from the downloads page at www.artofcnc.ca.. This will also give you the wizards, and many of the wizards are free! The only wizards that you would have to pay for are the Newfngled Solutions wizards. You do not need to get them but they are avalable to look at because the are part of the download, you can see the tool paths but it will not give you any code...

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:44:05 PM »
Thanks Brian. I was'nt aware of those downloads on Art site. I'll go over and see.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 06:16:10 PM »
Well I downloaded the file but, I didn't get any wizards. I only get graphics and can't use the labels. I mean i can't make them say anything (no text input). What am I missing here? I'd like to make a screen similar to Arts, but without a few things and in a different color. What am I missing here? Help!!!!! Oh, what about the wizards. Mach 2 had'em where'd they go?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 07:17:29 PM »
Did you uncheck the "install english wizards" during the install?

Could you take a look in the mach3/addons Directory and tell me what you see?
Thank you
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 05:27:51 PM »
OK, I am an idiot. :-[ It's all there all of it. Wizards and screen tools. I must apologize for my lack of brain matter, but how do I get them into Mach 3, and how do I work screen builder? I know it looks like I'm a beginner :-[, but I have a talent for missing the obvious. Can I just click and drag the stuff I want into the Mach 3 folder.? :-[
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 07:10:56 AM »
There should be a button like this one on your page:
The "Load Wizard" Button should take you take you to a place where you can chselect and run any wizard on the system.
The "Last Wizard"  Buton will load the last wizard that you ran
The "Conversational" Buttonwill open the Newfangled Solutions addon for mill wizard (This is the only one you have to buy a license for"

Hope that helps with the problem
Brian

PS I have had the brain matter problem too :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 04:47:55 PM »
Oh yes I have that buttom, but in that picture you show a button for machine co-ord's, well I don't have that one. I'm sure that there are a few more that I don't have also. How should I design and build my own screen?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 05:24:08 PM by stringkilla »
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 05:20:23 PM »
This is the screen that comes with the downloaded version of Mach3 :)

If you look in the Mach3 Dir you should see a 1024.set file that is the screen set.

Hope that helps
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 05:33:04 PM »
OK,I did that but I still don't have the buttons machine co ordinates,and soft limits. I'd like to have those. I found the bitmaps folder but can't seem to do anything with them or the ones that come with screen builder. In your picture above there are arrows in the feed rate area and I think also in the box next to, but I don't have them either. I,d also like to have those buttons for the jog function, the axis letter triangles for + and - . The 1024.set gives me the same screen every time, the one I see with all the missing buttons. And, finally I have all the wizards now. Any directions will help.