Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:41:17 AM

Author Topic: Newbie Help!  (Read 11689 times)

Re: Newbie Help!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:54:45 PM »
Brian, when you said something about the wiring, something came up to mind.
Check to see if the direction wirnig for that stepper is not lose. It sounds like the machine is moving, and suddenly loosing contact with the direction wire which makes the stepper turn in the direction it would if the signal were not present. So check the wiring from your parallel port to your stepper driver.
Regards
Fernando
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 09:58:12 PM »
The thing is that is happening on all 3 axis, the dealer said that apparenttly the voltage is the problem still will re-check the cables. Thanks for the tips!

Roberto
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 10:29:24 PM »
This is a motor problem... check the current that is going to the motors as well :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »
Will do that!! Will get back to you guys If I need more help have to get the new Power source!

Regards,

Roberto
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 12:30:34 PM »
Hi Guys,

I change my power source I installed the 35V power source and it won´t work! It jogs very nice still have the problem that if it feels something it reverses back, but I´m getting a Jogging speed of 86ipm  but I´m not getting on stepp mode enough strenght to move the axis!! When running a simple program it won´t Move on stepping mode!! ANy ideas?

Thanks.

Roberto
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »
Made another experiment I took out the motor, and run it on Step Jogging mode and the motor without been connected to the axis it moves back and forth back and forth by itself it won´´t keep on moving to one direction!! COuld it be wiring??

Thanks for the Help.

Roberto
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »
It could be wiring... Check to see that you have the stepper motor wired correctly... it sounds like you are only running one coil in the motor.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »
Hi there,

WIRING was the whole issue two cables on each axis where not properlly wired once that was sorted machine is running beautifully. Now I have a question I´m having problems with Mach 2 when I turn a DXF file from AUTOCAD 2000 the arc is missing now I had one file I was able to make it work after I exploded the file but now I explode it and nothing happens?? Any ideas??

Regards,

Roberto
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 09:00:59 PM »
Could you take a look at Mach3 :) LCAM is a better importer and is FREE  :D

You can have Mach3 and Mach2 on the same computer so you will not mess up the machine.
Thank you
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 09:04:30 PM »
Hi Brian,

Is it the same Pin output and everything else for Mach 3?? and LCAM  where can I get that?

Thanks.

Roberto