Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:05:49 AM

Author Topic: Newbie Help!  (Read 11688 times)

Newbie Help!
« on: June 08, 2006, 01:46:57 PM »
Hi,

I bought a CNC machine from www.3drouters.com and well for the past few days I was able to set it up and all with the Help of TOm who is the person that makes and sells these machines, Now for the past few days and literally 100 emails later we can make the machine Jog at around 56 Ipm´s but the motor when it senses a small dent or stop it turns back...
I jog the machine with the Jogging mode and the Axis moves freely but it just detects a little stops it returns so this motor oscillation when making a g code proggram doesn´t allow the machine to move if I want to cut a straight line on hte X axis of 8 inches for example it runs only 5 or less total travel because of the oscillation. Machine has been set per instruction and confirmed by the maker that the setup is correct.

ANy ideas?? Hope I explained myself.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Roberto
Re: Newbie Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »
Is the stop that you are talking about a switch? Is the readout showing that the axis is going in the right direction?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:06:22 PM »
Nope, No switch... actually it has  v rollers mounted over a rail so if it senses like a little something on the rails the motor turns to the other side, axis goes in the right direction.

Regards,

Roberto
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 03:18:23 PM »
Yes the readout shows wether the stepper is running backwards or at the right direction is just that it´s like the motor was too sensitive that the slightest frontal force where it is moving makes the motor turn to the other side. And when in stepping mode it wont move.

Thanks.

Roberto
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:00 PM »
So if you are jogging the axis positive from zero and lets say you hit some dust/ dirt on the Vrail... when the axis moves the other way after hitting the dust is the readout still going positive? I am looking to see if this is a software problem or if we have a hardware problem...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:36:20 PM »
Exactly if it hits dust or something in the rail it goes to the other side but it does detect if it is eother positive or negative so if it is moving positive and it turns back it reads negative, that is on jogging mode when running the proggram it won´t step properlly and it will keep running positive that way it won´t detect the Axis changes... Is there a way to make the motors less sensitive to that??

Thanks.

Roberto
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »
Try turning down the Max velocity of your motors. Steppers have more torque at lower speeds so see how low you need to go it get them working right.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 06:44:33 PM »
Done that my friend, and that makes the axis move smoother but still does not work properlly the motors reverse too damn easilly.

Roberto
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 06:59:43 PM »
Apparenttly and according to Tom  this machine was supposed to work with a 35V power source and I received a 24V one so I think this is the problem and reason why the motors don´t seem so strong... What you think??

Regards,

Roberto
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 08:48:40 PM »
I would check that but I think you should also check for a wire that has come lose as well... It sounds like you have one coil of the stepper motor that is not getting power all the time. Is this only happening one one axis?

www.machsupport.com