Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:54:37 AM

Author Topic: Spindle start up problem  (Read 14219 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle start up problem
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
Hi, BWP

You need to be careful some of those machines didn't have a proper "Grounding".

Your spindle motor control is a single phase to 3 phase, Variable Frequency Drive "VFD".

The Board on the door is a Brake Out Board "BOB".

Post the Part Number and other info on the motor control "VFD", I may have a Book on it in a PDF file.

If you live in the US, PM your Phone # (Click on my user name), I'll give you a call, Do you use Skype (Internet Phone)

Chip

Offline BWP

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »
It is a chinese version of the Teco FM-50, I checked all the wires and they look to be ok.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 05:07:07 PM »
Just had a look at the Teco FM-50 manual and the codes only go to 30 from what I see so not much help there. If the wiring looks correct then I would be very careful as it looks like there may be an internal breakdown which is shorting to ground. Best bet is to get another VFD but phone Chip and see if he has any info as by the sounds of it he recognises the machine in question.
Hood

Offline BWP

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 06:01:59 PM »
I found the problem............. No ground and there was a wire that was connected into the VFD but it was no tighted down. Put it back together and the spindle runs.
I would like to thank all of you for helping me solve my problem, especially Hood and Chip. Thank You Very Much Gentlemen.
Greg

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »
Glad you are sorted, I should have asked more questions at the beginning as I was thinking the problem was you had a speed controller that connected to Mach at one end and a VFD at the other. If I had asked these questions then you probably would have found the problem sooner.
At least you are sorted now and thats the main thing, now go catch up on your work :D

Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »
Hi, Greg

Hears a Manual for your Drive, DZB 100 series, It's a little older than your exact drive DZB 100H0022H2DK.

Good to hear you got it going.

Thanks, Chip