Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:41:11 AM

Author Topic: NOISE PROBLEMS  (Read 9942 times)

NOISE PROBLEMS
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:56:58 AM »
THE MACHINE RUNS FINE, BUT WHEN THE ROUTER IS TURNED ON, THE MACHINE QUITS MOVING.  THE DRO READING CONTINUE, BUT THE MACHINE STOPS.  HOW HIGH A NUMBER CAN I GO ON THE DEBOUNCE, AND IS THAT THE ONLY SETTING THAT I NEED TO CHANGE.

INIVATOR ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: NOISE PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 07:13:15 AM »
Really you need to address the problem by shielding and grounding your limit switch cables properly. The figure normally quoted is 2000 on the debounce and start working down until you get the problem and then jump up a notch.
 However I am thinking your DROs souldn't keep moving if the limits have been seen as hit, could it be the noise from your spindle is affecting an enable signal on your drives? Sorry cant remember what kind of motors drives you use.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 08:43:49 AM »
I HAVE A PROBOTIX DRIVE SYSTEM.  I HAD A DREMEL TOOL RUNNING, BUT I CHANGED FROM THE FIRST DREMEL TO ANOTHER OLDER DREMEL WHEN THE TROUBLE STARTED. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 08:50:51 AM by inivator »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:18:16 AM »
I dont see any enables on thge drives, seems however there may be on the breakout boards, do you have a breakout from Probotix? If so which one?
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »
INIVATOR,
Replace the brushes on the Dremel Tool, vac out / clean the brush area, and run it off the machine for a little while giving them a
chance to seat.  No / minimum  sparking is good.

Now just for kicks, plug the dremel into the same outlet which has a TV or radio plugged into it. It'll make the picture fuzzy,
you'll get a lot of static on a radio. Post installation of new brushes try it again and you'll see a difference in the interference from the
Dremel. Now neatly coil the TV outlet wire, neatly wrapped around a tube and try again and see if there's additional  improvement.
Take the Dremel and with it plugged into  a different outlet , running ( hopefully not on the same circuit) and watch the interference. Now bring the running dremel near / around the TV and see what happens.

A coil provides an impedence to the path of the noise ( the coil / inductor can be made stronger depending on the core material ( in this case just air and the number of turns). Yes I would use shileded wire on the cables but if you don't have a problem leave them alone. You can get noise via the AC and you can also get noise traveling onto the DC switch cables since they act as a condutor of the noise.
The noise on the switch cables can really do a number since it going directly to maybe a board. Please note that i used "noise" as a general term to keep things simple.

RICH
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 04:23:28 PM »
Now the limit switches, don't activate the reset.  I have ohmed them out and they all check out, but now it does not reach the software. I have checked the breakout board, and I still have 5 volts on the correct pins.  THis is with the dremel off.  What has happened in the software??????????????
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 07:09:29 AM »
I'm running the machine without limits.  I have a parallel port breakout board,Probitix.  The switches are working properly, but not being received by the software.

Inivator

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 07:33:12 AM »
please attach your xml

Hood
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 07:35:43 AM »
I'M SORRY HOOD, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ATTACH MY HML.

INIVATOR

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »
Go to your Masch3 folder and look for the Mach3Mill.xml, right click on it and choose copy, go to desktop and in a blanl space right click and paste. The rename the file to Inivator.xml. Now when you reply hit the reply button rather than using the quick reply, you will see an additional options button, click that then the choose button and browse to your renamed xml and attach.

Hood