Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:55:55 AM

Author Topic: Strange Mach3 proplem please help  (Read 15444 times)

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mach3 proplem please help
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 12:09:28 AM »
Lets get a bit back to basics here. I see your motors are 6 wire. Have you got special drives to run 6 wire motors, or have you modified them to run in Bi-Polar mode with a standard drive. I saw the picture of the box - but it didn't help - what are these 3D and 4D cards they are talking about.

Your basic problem seems to be a drive problem to the motors. Rather like you have well under-estimated the number of pulses per unit on the motor settings page.  For instance mine is 60,000 and most will be above 20,000 - what is yours set at. Forget the speed and acceleration for now. If you don't get the steps per unit right the thing won't work as you expect.

If your computer and everything is new, then this is a configuration problem, unless you have been really stupid and something has gone bang.

Give us details of the connections - computer - to break-out board - to drives - to motors. We have seen the motors - what about the rest.

Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 02:13:27 AM »
thanks for all your help so far guys,

as i sed the motors are on low as i totaly re installed mach3 and just did a quick set up to get the motors to jog, i have had it working 100% perfect with everything i have got now, last night i had it working and then for some reason its doing this motor sound but no action thing!

the board is 3x2.1 Amp drivers and the motors are shown below, and that is as much info i have on them, i brought them together nd the motors were set up for the drivers!

i just dont understand how it can work perfect for 10 mins then stop again!

ill try both the xml. files tonight when im home from work, do i just delete the mach3 mill one and back it up and drop these in place one at a time?

5pin din connections
windows 2000 running mach3 - nothing else on it but this programme
connected via parral port 0x378
2.1 amp drivers

and then thats all i know sorry

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 02:18:45 AM »
sorry chip me beingdaft, just remember to drop the files into mach3 then select them in the mach loader!

silly me!

ill try then tonight

thanks again

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 12:09:14 PM »
just tried botht heCk and X files you sent me, both did the same thing, very low noise

if i help the motor spindle turn round it does a perfect one revolution and then stops and jams again but the noise continues!

would it help if i posted a video somehow?

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
here is a quick video i did to show you what i have done.

not there is some high pitch vibrating noise on one axis, this is just from loosening the motor to see if it was binding and its a few washers clattering together!

also not this was just done on another re-install, and i have also re botted mach3 everytime i have changed something too.

i have tried to explane the very best i can but i still think im not winning atall. i have looked on the internet high and low for the information pdf of the stepper boards i have etc... but cant find nothing!

im assuming my port and pin numbers are ok as they have worked fine in the past. as u can see i have just finished my machine and reconnected the motors and now i have stipped it down to the bear bones and taken off a motor to show you close up i hope!

i hope this helps

thanks again please dont give up on me, its taken me 6 months to get this far

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 02:01:08 PM »
Yo,

As Hood suggested previously- Try the SHERLINE 1/2 Pulse mode!!!!  It seems from the video that your drives are either not seeing the pulses OR you have a motor wiring problem somewhere.

Your motors say they can run in 2 Dif modes- Bi Polar or Uni Polar.  The way you wire them determines this.  Currently you have 6 wires coming out of your motors but if you look at the connectors there are only 4 pins.  That means that somehwere inside there wires are tied together.  Are the correct wires tied together in order to run correctly with your drives???  Hmmmmmm this is a BIG question. 

As Jim asked you previously- You really need to find out more info regarding the type of motor drives you are running. 
Who makes them? 
What are the specs? 
Can you see how many output terminals there are on them? 
How about a pic of the motor drives? 

HTH,
Sid

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 02:20:08 PM »
thanks for the reply, i never wired up the motors or the controller, i have had the motors working fine in mach everything worked properly the speed was correct the distance was correct, the direction was correct, all i did was shut down and 2 days later re boot to check one of the spindles and now im faced with this problem, i have emailed the person i got them from and no reply just yet

have tried the 1/2 pulse mode i have tried every combo, the annoying thing it has been working perfect for the last 3 weeks and now it not doing much!

im still on the hunt for all the information i promise you that

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2008, 02:30:36 PM »
Are you confident enough to use a voltmeter and I suppose I should ask if you have one? What you need to do is check the DC voltage going to your drives from your power supply, it kind of seems like there may be very little voltage there. Be carefull though if you are not conversant with electricity as there will be a fairly big capacitor in your power supply which can store quite a charge of electricity and should you touch the terminals with your fingers you could do serious damage to yourself.

Hood

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2008, 02:35:24 PM »
thank-god, my mum just pulled out the whole information sheets that i thought she shredded 5 months ago

ok its made by damen cnc ready to run kit i just quickly red that the yellow led on each stepper board means its in sleep active meaning much less power and torque

i might be gettin somwhere here you know....

how the hell do i turn that of now im wondering.

could this be it??

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »
Yes that would do it I think, most drives will be automatic for that setting so it should come to full power when an axis is moved. Read the docs thouroughly as there may be a way of switching it by an input.

Hood