Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:33:42 AM

Author Topic: Strange Mach3 proplem please help  (Read 15446 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mach3 proplem please help
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 03:44:13 PM »
Check to see that the Dir pin for the Z axis is connected properly, if its not then it will always just jog in one direction.
Hood

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »
just checked on that, now corrected, i still get the motor turning noise, it jogs sometimes very small amounds if i help it turn with my hand

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »
Please attach your xml and I will have a look through it and see if that side looks all right. To attach your xml you will need to rename it for the forum to accept. Go to the Mach3 folder and copy the Mach3Mill.xml to your desktop, rename it to Cosha.xml and then use the full reply form and aditional options to attach it.
Hood

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 04:43:58 PM »
here it is,

note: i have re installed mach3 and the update, have not tinkered with the e-stop or any other functions i just want to get it to jog

thanks for all your time hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 05:02:09 PM »
I notice you are set up in inches, also you have 2000 steps per inch, what type of drives do you have and what is the pitch of your ballscrews?
Hood

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 05:28:06 PM »
that was changed, like i sed i ony reinstalled it to see if i could get it to jog, i got the whole lot from merchandice, right handed proper ballscrews but pitch im not sure of, i was going to use the in build MPG in mach to set all that up. i only wanted to get it to jog. have u ever come across this befor? i know i must sound really thick, but i have tried to do everything the correct way, and the stepper motors make the same noise when they turn, but not a thing then a few times they have worked perfectly?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 05:38:05 PM »
Without hearing the sound of the motors I cant say but sounds to me like you are missing steps due to acell being too high, turn it to a minimum and asee if the motors pick up speed slowly and continue to rotate.
Hood

Offline Cosha

•  63 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 05:43:08 PM »
i put motors vel and acl to minimum and still get the same low rpm noise and still no movement, i think its a total loss i have no idea why it wont work. i never built the cnc controller it came built

i dont know what else to try u have been great tho!

dare i say try with another cnc software?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:12 PM »
Cosha, it isn't the software, it's a configuration issue that you will face with any. Your in good hands here are sure to get sorted. 

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 11:50:55 PM »
Hi, Cosha

There are a couple of other items to check, Dir & Step Low Actives and that Mach is sending Pulses Long Enough for your Boards to See them.

Try these XML's, Let me now if ether one works and if one works better than the other.

If the Directions need changing use "Reversed" in Config, Homes & Limits to change the direction.

When we get it moving, Then a tune-up and calibration.

Let us Now, Chip
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:59:31 AM by Chip »