Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:09:19 AM

Author Topic: Lathe Flash OEM screen for Mach3 (testing and comments wanted).  (Read 52598 times)

Re: Lathe Flash OEM screen for Mach3 (testing and comments wanted).
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 06:26:14 AM »
Hi Scott,

Just out of curiosity, is there a Sothing .sqf of the lathe flash OEM screen set available?

That would be really nice for those people that might want to play but don't want to invest in Adobe Flash CS3.

Thanks, not a complaint just a question.

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »
John,

I dont own a copy of SoThink, BUT, I know Jason does, and there were some others that had posted that they had both as well.
Check with "Bodini" if memory serves he posted alot of stuff too.

Obviously, you would need someone who has both, so you can copy/paste over the code, and the SoThink equivelent Frame layout.

scott
fun times
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 08:59:39 AM »
Hi Scott,

I now have both, I guess I will take a stab at creating the Sothink version.

Thanks.

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »
Hi Scott,

I was just playing with the Lathe Flash OEM screen, and one thing I noticed is that this screen apparently does not trigger Mach3 to switch into turn mode.  The reason I say that is with .lset screens you only see the turn wizards when you select wizards.  When you have the Lathe Flash OEM screen loaded and restart Mach3 if you select wizards you get the list of Milling wizards not the turn wizards.

It seems to me that there was an OEM call mentioned a while back either here on on the Yahoo group to put Mach3 ino turn mode.

Thanks

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 07:51:55 AM »
Hey John,

sorry I missed this, been away......

You can also put somewhere in your "Init Frames", before your Mach frames come up:  fscommand("Button" , "131" );

That will tell Mach it is a Lathe also, and it what I did on the Lathe Flash screens.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 07:57:19 AM »
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply, the lathe flash screens is what prompted the question.  At any rate, I also asked on the Yahoo group and Art replied back tellling me to rename the screen to Mach3Lathe.lset.swf which I did and it worked.  Art said that the .lset is what triggers turn mode in Mach3.

At any rate, it worked and it appears to be in turn mode, at least when yoiu click on Wizards you get the proper list for Turn.

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virignia

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 10:39:10 AM »
well that code I put up also works, that is what I used on the Lathe screen (Per Arts recommendation as well).

when I bring up Lathe the flash screen, when I open wizards I get the Lathe wizards as well as the Lathe menu config stuff.......

really dont know why the Flash screen that is on this site, would not work for your machine, Steve Blackwell and several others tested it, and it worked and brought up Lathe on there machines no problem...........  Your the first and only to tell me the Lathe screen didnt work on your machine.

NOTE:  I saw that Jason said, on the mach Yahoo, that with the latest release of Mach3, that the VB calls from Flash to Mach Broke with the new scripter engine.  Are you running the latest?

Art said, that when Brian gets back, that Brian will fix the VB break...........

Scott
fun times
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 06:27:25 PM »
Hi Scott,

I am on R3.041, I tried the 3.042.001 version but went back to R3.041.

I will check it on the shop computer just to be sure.

Thanks for the reply.

John Guenther
'Ye Odle Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia

Offline Bodini

•  216 216
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »
If you Computer is Crashing with Flash here is some other things that Jason said, could be the cause:

-Not using the latest Flash Plug’ in
-Not installing the Flash Active X controller
-Not running Mach version 3.*********
-Running Mach in demo Mode
-Antivirus system not allowing Flash to run (you could be blocking any Adobe product from running on your system)

Add to that: running more that ONE version of the Flash plugin. DAMHITK, ;-)

-Nick

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 09:13:51 AM »
Nick,

thank you for that little Pearl as well!!!!
Glad to see you back posting, PLEASE if you dont mind, would you repost some of the really nice Flash stuff you used to have up?? Plus any Examples of source code you feel appropiate to release.

Scott
fun times