Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:26:24 AM

Author Topic: input value in DRO  (Read 13164 times)

input value in DRO
« on: May 06, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »
Hi,
I am a newbie in Mach3. I just managed to run some G-Code on my machine. Unfortunately, I do not manage to input (with the keyboard) value in DROs in Mach 3 (v2.63).
For instance, I'd like to set the A diameter (to get a correct feed rate when axis A turns).
I can select the DROs (color changes). But I can't set a value. I stays at 0. Same for all DROs. If the DRO was not 0 before, it turns to 0 when I hit the first digit (whatever it be).
Seems very strange to me. I could not find anything similar reported by other users ?

Config : windows xp / thinkpad X31
Pierre.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: input value in DRO
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 02:08:46 PM »
Are you pressing the enter key on your keyboard after you have typed in the digits?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 03:08:16 AM »
Yes, I tried to hit enter : the DRO selection turns off and the color turns back to normal.
When I input a digit (just strike a number key, with the DRO being selected), the DRO value turns to 0 (assuming it was a non zero value at first). Whatever the key I hit, the result is the same : the DRO stays selected and does not change if it was zero - or turns to zero if it was not. Hitting "enter" deselects the DRO and the initial value reappears.

I have v1.83 on my desktop and there, it works fine.
Might be something related to the keygrabber ? But I can't find anything about this software - even how to unistall it ?

Pierre

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 04:05:54 AM »
Make sure the reset button is not flashing when you are trying to make any changes.

They will not change if the machine needs resetting.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 04:42:46 AM »
The reset button is not flashing.
Still I can't input values.
Pierre.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 05:25:32 AM »
are you viewing the DROs while in machine coordinates?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 05:35:20 AM »
I don't understand the question. The DROs values are displayed OK. Only when I try to change them, I can't. I try to change the A rotation diameter, the X,Y Z tool change position (in the setting screen). I don't want to change the DROs of X,Y Z current positions (And this would only change the offset I think - I cannot change anything here either anyway).

Pierre.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 06:10:15 AM »
You will see a button below the DRO that says Machine Coords. If the RED light is around this button it meansd you are viewing Machine Coordinates in the DROs. You can not change machine coordinates, they are set by your home position. What you can change however is a work offset, if you make sure you are4 not viewing machine coordinates then you can zero or enter any number into the dro that you want and this will be your work offset.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »
OK. I am not in 'machine coordinate' mode so I should be able to alter these DROs. But I can't.
Same for all DRO's.
Actually I can input values, text.. in the MDI line for instance, or in the config menus.
Everything seems to work perfectly, except changing the DROs values.

Pierre.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 06:35:07 AM »
please attach your xml and i will see if i can find a problem.
Hood