Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:55:21 AM

Author Topic: input value in DRO  (Read 13163 times)

Re: input value in DRO
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »
Thanks a lot for the support. Here goes the xml file.
Pierre

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 08:02:14 AM »
Seems to work fine here.
 I however dont have a Joystick so possibly that may be causing problems, can you disable the Joystick and see if things work.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 08:23:45 AM »
I disabled the joystick. Still it does not work.

I just noticed that in fact, when I hit something (numbers..) in an initially non zero DRO, and then I hit enter, the DRO turns and stays to zero. It does change. I just cannot input the numbers I want.

Is there another way to set the A diameter and the change tool positions (for instance in the G-Code)?  I imagine it is possible using vb. Maybe I'll have to try that.

Pierre

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 09:26:52 AM »
Pierre - Stop jumping up and down.

In Mach3, you can enter values in the DRO's. You do not need VB's and anything else exotic. If you cannot do it, then you have a fault.
Mine does it, Hood's does it, most other people's will do it.

Lets get back to basics. What is your set up. You have downloaded Mach 3. You are using a thinkpad X3 (is that an IBM machine) running Windows XP. What other bits and pieces have you got on the machine - what machine are you trying to run. Why have you got a joystick attached.

What you should be able to do is - on a DRO that is showing program co-ordinates (not machine co-ordinates) - click on the DRO to locate the cursor, Type in the relevant position, Press return - the DRO should have reverted to it's normal colour and your information should be displayed. If you do not press return but go straight to another DRO (or something else) the first DRO will revert to what it was showing before you started.

You seem to be saying that your computer is not doing this  - are you sure you have the correct procedure.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 09:41:27 AM »
When I read your post again, you are saying that what you want to do is enter a diameter in the A axis - I don't understand this - what DRO are you trying to access. The A axis is linear or rotary - as selected in configuration. The A axis DRO shows either the number of degrees you are moving, or the number of inches. Diameter does not come into it

Similarly with the tool change - have you got anytools entered in the tool table - they must be entered before they will show (I have just tried mine but it will only enter up to 88)
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 10:30:13 AM »
Thanks again.
My config: Laptop IBM Thinkpad X31 + Windows XP pro
Controller on the parallel port (0x3bc)  - nanotech IMT901 based + 4 axis machine (PF 600C)
The mach3 driver works fine, mouvements are smooth.
I tryed version 2.63; I just reinstalled v1.83. Same result.
The joystick is a USB standard joystick. I use it to jog. (just a little stange thing : when my home buttons are ON, I no longer can jog with the jostick. I first need to move out of the switches using the arrow on the keyboard)
My A axis is a rotary table (4th axis). I just wan't to set the diameter (in the setting screen 'A diameter' DRO), because the feed rate is not correct otherwise when I launch my G-code. Also I need to change the 'tool change location : X, Y, Y' DROs in the same setting screen.

I understood the normal working of the DRO (the 'enter' key needs be pressed to validate). I know exactly how it should work because it does work on my desktop PC. (for some reasons, I now need to use the laptop instead - which I know is not so good a choice)

I already spend hours on the DRO input problem. This is why I talked about a trick to input values another way; I really need to find somethnig. But obviously I would prefer to really solve the issue (very surprising indeed that I seem to be the only one !)

Just another thing : I launched keygrabber once. Don't really know what it does and how. It seems not to appear anymore.

Pierre.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »
Keygrabber should only affect things when you have it running, you need to physically start it each time you start Mach or have keygrabber start Mach. To uninstall Keygrabber just delete the files.
 I am not long home from work but I will have another look and see if I can find the problem, there is definitely something amiss as just before I left the workshop I did notice that your Y axis home was active but I could see no reason for it to be in that state.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 04:20:09 PM »
Do you have any custom VB buttons or Brains?
Hood
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 05:11:20 AM »
>Do you have any custom VB buttons or Brains?
No

>Y axis home button :
it should not be on.
For me, it seems to work. I set X=300 and Y=496, Z=0 for home (the home switches are also limit switches for me). It is more convenient for me to have them in the upper right corner. Therefore this setting.

I still can't input numbers in DRO, even when the machine is not connected to the PC (no limit switch on)

Pierre.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 05:46:09 AM »
What I am meaning is with your xml I have no switches connected but the Y Home seems to show as activated even though it shopuldnt be. According to your active low setting the pin should Not be seen as active but for some reason it is. I will get Brian to have a look when I see him online.
 I also sometimes get the ticker displaying an error regarding VB, cant remember exactly what it said.
You also say you have  limits and homes set up using the same pins, in the xml you sent you do not have the limits enabled, only home switches.

Hopefully Brian will be able to shed some light on this, in the mean time you may be able to manually set up a new profile, it would mean entering all the settings again manually rather than just cloning a previous profile but I think it would work.

Hood