Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:40:46 PM

Author Topic: SCARA ROBOT CONTROL  (Read 7569 times)

SCARA ROBOT CONTROL
« on: April 07, 2008, 01:27:35 AM »
HI, I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF SOMEONES HAS DEVELOPED A PLUGIN, WIZARD OR SOMETHING SIMILAR BASED ON MACH3 TO CONTROL A 4 AXIS SCARA ROBOT INSTEAD OF A TRADITIONAL X-Y-Z MACHINES. I'M INTERESTED OF DOING IT WITH MACH BECAUSE I WANNA CONTROL THE ROBOT USING THE GECKODRIVE G100 AND I KNOW THEY WORK VERY FINE TOGETHER. REGRETS, JAIMEĀ  ;D

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: SCARA ROBOT CONTROL
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »
What do you want it to do.

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:54:37 PM »
I want to control a SCARA Robot using Mach3. I'd like to know if it's posible to develop somo sort of program or aplication to Mach3 so it can control a SCARA Robot (in it's respective coordinates) instead of the traditional X-Y-Z coordinates of the most CNC Machines.

Jaime

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »
I will try again,

What do you want it to do?:

1). Jog-Learn?

2). What is the function you will use it for?

3). If by saying NOT X, Y, Z coordinates, do you mean you want to use Kinimatics?? Or, Hexa pod type stuff?

Mach will move an axis eigther liner or rotary where ever you want. If you need to translate axis movements by some type of Formula that represents the coordinate system you want to use, you can use "Axis Formulas" under configs and then formulas.

If you want to know if mach will nativly do kinimatics then the answer (at least currently), is no.

scott
fun times