Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:17:02 PM

Author Topic: running batch files in VB  (Read 3909 times)

running batch files in VB
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:08:45 AM »
I am attempting to integrate the controls of my Canon PowerShot S70 into a Mach3 program. Before I continue, I should mention that I know very little about cnc, software, and electronics, in general. That being said, my theory for solving the above problem is this:

Write an M-code that runs a batch file that, in turn, activates/controls the shutter release on my camera.

Does anyone have any advice on this concept or the approach I am proposing?

buck 

Am I in fantasy land?

vmax549

Re: running batch files in VB
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »
I f you are refering to a Mcode were mach goes outside and runs a dos batchfile to active your camera then yes. We do the same thing to print the tool table data to a printer from inside of mach. 

If you are refering to be able to talk to your camera directly then maybe. Depends on the COM protocal

(;-) TP

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: running batch files in VB
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 05:37:32 AM »
If you can operate your S70 from DOS, then yes you can do this the way you've siggested. However I have an S50 and although I know how to remotely operate it from the windoze app supplied with the camera, I wasn't aware that you could do it from DOS. Tips would be appreciated. It's a shame that a windoze API isn't shipped with these things!