Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:29:29 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Failed?  (Read 5913 times)

Mach 3 Failed?
« on: March 16, 2008, 05:16:27 PM »
Can anyone share some tech help?  I was setting up the Mach 3 software with my Taig Mill, I have all the settings from Micro Proto on CD and programed them into the Mach 3  Drive.  I then open Mach 3 and turned on my machine and hit the reset button and the step motors kicked on. I moved to tool path alt4 and used the arrow keys and moved the Taig x table then tried  the page-up and page-down to move the Z height and the y table moved instead, I checked the plugins and all is connected right! I then went to simply change the plugs around and my knee hit the off button on my computer. I restarted the computer opened Mach 3 and I now have no mill action what so ever! The step motors are with no current.  I can't for the life of me figure out whats going on. I clicked the reset and the green light is on but no step motor action at all.  Can anyone think of what I might of done? :-\

Thanks
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 Failed?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 07:53:39 PM »
Do you still have all the settings intact, some settings dont stick  until Mach has been restarted. With you accidentaly shutting the computer off Mach didnt shut down properly and probably never saved the settings.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:10:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply:  Yes I did go back and reload the CD and tired it again no luck at all.  I can't believe nothing works its a real puzzle to me.

Thanks
Mike

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
Do you have jog enabled?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 08:43:17 PM »
brett  I'm kind of new at mach where do you check the jog enabled?  And I will go check

Mike

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »
This is on the Program run screen. Also, might want to hit the tab key and look at the MPG. Tab will also close it.

Brett

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 11:47:55 PM »
Brett:  I found the problem which was the computer was not communicating with the machine my son came over and down loaded new drivers and that took care of problem NO. One.  The machine is now talking with the computer.  I'm back to the original problem which is the X arrows run the X stepper motor. but the Y is still running the page up and page down or the Z and Z is running Y I think that might have to do with micro proto drivers? Unless you know how to change them in Mach 3 software?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 11:55:43 PM »
brett:  Could I go into the config and change the Y pins with the z pins and trun the stepper motors around ?

Mike

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 12:13:13 AM »
Sure can, just write it all down incase you make a mistake. Swap the pin number with y direction and z direction. Then swap pin numbers for y step and z step.

Brett

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 01:18:48 AM »
Brett: That worked I swapped the settings and I now have x running on x, y running on y and z running on z.  But I still have one problem left  the page-up is running the z down and the page down is raising the z?  how do I change the direction of the z motor?