Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:54:07 AM

Author Topic: MACH3 is starting the router on its own... Scarry!!!!  (Read 18673 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: MACH3 is starting the router on its own... Scarry!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »
OK Bruno - cool - interesting to know. So... not sure where that leads us now. If you havn't used a printer on this machine before and anyway now the port driver is disabled it doesn't really matter because it would be using that - if you follow me.

I guess if you wanted you could go back to using pin1 and see if the problem is now solved - but that's obviously your call. Just mind those fingers  ;D
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »
I'm headaching out a small but effective spindle safety circuit which will lock out the spindle and enable the brake release, drawbar etc. to operate. Ideally the safety guards around the machine should lock-out the spindle contactor, but not everyone can easily fit this much guarding. :(
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
I bought this computer used and I do not know if a printer was attach to it before (I suppose it was). I already went a step ahead and already switched back to pin#1, so far everything stay off. I suppose I give it another hour to be (...almost) sure.
I will keep you posted.
Bruno
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
This time we got the complete answer.
After 45min the spindle was still behaving well and was still off so I decided to out the entire system back to what it was pin#1 and this ECP driver enable. Guess what happens... I was back to the same problem , after less than 3min the router started on its own....Scary!!!
This time I really feel that you guy found the solution.
My ten fingers thanks you very much, and I am sure this thread will serve other people as well.
Thank you again,
Bruno

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 12:20:23 PM »
Rock n roll Bruno and good for you for going the whole nine yards to nailing the problem. At least now you can be pretty sure all is well.
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »
 ;D Grand.  Much better.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »
I think we are not done yet:
I uninstalled this EPC printer, shut down the computer, reboot and guess what the EPC driver is back and enable again and after 3 min the spindle start on its own again....scary!!!!

So how I can get make this driver disappearing, I tried to uninstalled it 3 time and every time it is back.
Bruno

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 04:11:41 AM »
Hmmmm just tried it on mine and it does the same (re-enables the driver that is - not starts the spindle)

is there anywhere on your port hardware properties dialog that you can set it into SPP, BPP or hell even EPP mode? I seem to remember reading somewhere that ECPs can be a bit troublesome with non printer devices - if you can't disable it can you stop it setting that strobe high? - sorry grasping at straws now... ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 05:14:16 AM »
is there anywhere on your port hardware properties dialog that you can set it into SPP, BPP or hell even EPP mode? I seem to remember reading somewhere that ECPs can be a bit troublesome with non printer devices - if you can't disable it can you stop it setting that strobe high? - sorry grasping at straws now... ???

If its the onboard port then the BIOS will have the option to set it to SPP, EPP etc

Hood
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2008, 01:07:13 PM »
I imagine a far easier option would be to use a different pin for the spindle.

The charge pump safety is another good trick, and I've sorted my spindle lockout safety as well. It'll disable the spindle while a switch is turned on, and - here's the clever bit - if the spindle is given an m3 or m4 command while the safety is engaged, the relay stays on and keeps the spindle locked out until m5 is issued and the spindle shut off. Then it's open to m3 and m4 again. Just stops the spindle running up the moment the safety is disengaged. it also locks out the drawbar motor and brake release as well, making sure the operator gets into the habit of using the safety.

A no-volt-release switch in line with the spindle would be a failsafe way of ensuring your fingers stay on, and very very simple. But I'd use a different pin anyway. You must have a couple spare.