Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:27:05 AM

Author Topic: MACH3 is starting the router on its own... Scarry!!!!  (Read 18674 times)

MACH3 is starting the router on its own... Scarry!!!!
« on: February 29, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »
Sometimes MACH3 is starting the router on its own. I am afraid one day it will happens when I forgot to put the switch on OFF and when I change the bit.
I cannot figure out why it does that. I review all my settings and cannot find anything. That happens so far always when the controller is ON and after I did not touch Mach3 for 10-15Min. Is anybody have a suggestion?
Thanks,
Bruno

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: MACH3 is starting the router on its own... Scarry!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:51:32 AM »
You will have to give a bit more info, also I am presuming you are meaning the spindle starts on its own, or do you mean the axis start moving?
 If its the sindle then info on how it is normally ativated would help, ie is it a relay that switches it on, do you have a custom macro or use a brain for this? any other info you think might be usefull as well.
 Might also be an idea to attach your xml file and any brains or macros that you use for the spindle.
Hood

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »
If it's your spindle please please please replace the switch with a no volt dropout switch, spindles should ALWAYs be on one of these, even if the spindle is not started by Mach.
Imagine if you had a power cut, it goes dark (night) and you fumble around trying to get out of the workshop etc or your trying to find the spindle motor switch and then the power comes back on and your hands in the way. Or your not even in the shop when the power comes back on.
It has happened and will happen again.

For this reason the Mach manual recommends that you have a no volt dropout switch between the relay controlled by Mach and the motor.

Sorry if I sound a little over the top but I've seen it happen and I've had it happen on my pillar drill.

Regards
Steve
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 04:07:14 PM »
Hi Hood,
This is the spindle who start on its own and it is a relay who switch it on. Everything works fine except that scary thing
Here is the XML you requested enclosed.
Thank you so much.
Bruno

Offline kak

•  81 81
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:10:50 PM »
Bruno, I´ve been watching the instructions videos of Mach3 maybe 10 times because I´m trying to setup my machine, and the man talks about your problem and how to set it up, in one of the first videos. Nr2 or 3 i think.

Adam

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 05:55:37 AM »
Bruno,
 how do you normally start the spindle, is it  just with the screen button? I dont see anything wrong with your xml so I am wondering if there is a possibilty of your keyboard being noisy, is it a wireless keyboard? Have you tried a different keyboard.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 12:50:39 PM »
Hi Hood,
No it is not a wireless keyboard and no I did not try another one but I will and get back at you.
Thanks,
Bruno
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 12:52:40 PM »
Hi again,
Yes I start the spindle either with the screen button or with M03 G-code of course,
Bruno
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 10:04:51 PM »
Hi Hood,
Well it does the same with another keyboard, sorry
Any other idea?
Thanks,
Bruno

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 03:46:18 AM »
All I can think of is to make sure you have no noise issues, make sure you are using screened cable to feed the relays coil and only have it grounded at 1 end.
Hood