Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:22:38 AM

Author Topic: Power feed wizard  (Read 5448 times)

vmax549

Power feed wizard
« on: February 07, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
HI ron , I have a request for the power feed wizard(;-)  Could a feature be added to allow an auto return at the end of each pass rather than waiting to the end of the pass and pushing fast return feed???

Have you had any time to fine tune on the thread milling wizards??

THanks (;-) TP
Re: Power feed wizard
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:06:49 PM »
I modified that wizard for my Railroad lathe and made it do a return The problem is screen space- its already to cluttered for my liking. Ill see if I can clean it up.

I still have not finished checking out the thread wizards- Ive got to do that soon!

vmax549

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »
RON could you just add a check box that would add on a auto return sequence to the existing motions. Also could it be tires in with the auto Z lift sequence on return.

THat way you could use the option either way.

If you check the auto z lift and the auto return then the sequence would be,  do the prescribed feed cut and at the end of the stroke it would auto lift the z and then auto return to the start point.

Thanks (;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 04:32:31 PM »
OK, I added a AUto return on Feed button. If it is set then any Feed move will do the feed, followed by a rapid return to the starting point. It will also do the Z up function if that button is ON

Unzip this file into the Addons folder, the files shuold wind up in Addons\PowerFeed XY

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »
THanks RON I will give it a run tomorrow morning. (;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:16:51 AM »
Good Morning RON, THat feature is the CAT"S meow.

BUT, we do have a bug. The x+ limit will NOT take a number. If you enter a number then press enter it resets to ZERO.
Every thing else on the page works great

Thnaks (;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
The X+ limit is OEMDRO 1102. It works fine for me, have you got 1102 defined in a macropump?

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »
Very Good RON you have a good memory, we have been here before(;-)

I had to reload the macropump due to some new mach version woes and it had the old routinue that used the 1102 dro.

THat fixed it right up. GOOD JOB

(;-) TP