Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:01:35 AM

Author Topic: 4th axis wizard problem  (Read 4416 times)

Offline gorf23

•  183 183
    • View Profile
4th axis wizard problem
« on: February 09, 2008, 07:16:03 PM »
I tried the 4th axis wizard but it didn't seen to write code out to use the 4th axis, i tried to make a gear and the only movement i got was the z and x but no a...
Am i doing somthing wrong or will the wizard not code for the a axis?... i did check the gcode and the only thing it wrote for the a axis was (a 0) in the first couple lines of code and that was it.

Thanks gary
Re: 4th axis wizard problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
The wizard uses a subroutine for the A moves. That code goes into a file called Index.tap and its called form the M98 (Index.tap ) line in the main gcode file.

Offline gorf23

•  183 183
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 08:51:53 PM »
I Looked though the code and didn't find an m98, and checked the gcode folder and did not find a index.tap file...

I did look at the newprogram.tap and find the m98 call and the referance to the index.tap file, but i could not find the index.tap file at all

Ok i found the index.tap its in the sub folder,

It works now if after i create a file with the wizard i then reload the new program.tap file.... not sure why will have to try a new file and see maybe the index.tap is sent to mach3 when exiting the wizard and not the new program.tap

Thanks gary

Offline gorf23

•  183 183
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 09:07:08 PM »
I ran the wizard again, and i see what its doing it going to the full depth on each tooth befor it moves to the next....
Thanks gary