Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:56:39 PM

Poll

Would you be willing to pay?

One dollar a minute billed in 5 minute increments.
20 dollars a call for up to 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes will be 50 cents a minute.
Four hundred dollars a year for 12 hours then 45 cents per minute "Silver" support.
Eight hundred dollars a year for 30 hours then 40 cents per minute "Gold" support.
Twelve hundred dollars a year for 50 hours then 35 cents per minute "Platnum" support.
50-75/hr period........

Author Topic: Re: Prices for one-on-one phone tech support.  (Read 17272 times)

Re: Prices for one-on-one phone tech support.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2008, 02:01:40 AM »
  I'll hold on making a vote on what would be liked/requested actually.  Reason being (for sake of clarity only) that there are SOOO many systems, machines, potential operating systems that CAN be used with MACH.

In the end for my own using MACH as yet, if I have a question, I'll use the forums for it....no question you don't know the answer to is not a dumb question if you didn't atleast try to look it up (I'm sure there's a quote for similar, but I have belief you all get the point):P
Re: Re: Prices for one-on-one phone tech support.
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2016, 02:38:41 PM »
I need to talk to some one on the phone about issues with my Mach3 system.  I am new to this and the forum site is great but its all about if some one sees your cry for help.  I look at the time date stamps and there is a long time between questions posted and the time the first response is returned.  I would appreciate it if we could all be willing to give each other phone support in some form of honor amongst common users.  I am totally new to this stuff and have struggled the entire time with software issues or machine doing things that were unexpected.  I would gladly answer a phone call to help some one if they needed it because its just the right thing to do.  304-670-7725  Jimmy  Ohio, USA
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2016, 02:47:43 PM »
Hi Jimmy,
   I encourage you to go ahead and post any problems you may be having in the General section of the forum.
Help might be along more quickly than you'd expect. I might even be able to help a bit with the most basic issues.

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »
Thank you Russ I will do as you say and hope I can understand some of the answers I get to my questions.  As I said I am new and have a tough time understanding some of the terminology used in answers at times.  I greatly appreciate your advise and quick response. 
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2016, 05:53:41 PM »
I've voted for the by the minute charge in 5 minute increments, whilst subscription is great for organisations needing regular help the reason most companies sell subscriptions seems to be to maintain a revenue stream from their customers.

Jimmy,
Most of the queries which get left unanswered are ones where little or none of the information required to begin to understand their setup is given, if you post a question and furnish as much information about your system as you can I'm sure you'll find someone will respond in kind by making an effort and responding.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 11:38:48 PM »
It is pretty LATE in the game to offer phone support don't you think ???  Being that MOST problems today are not Mach3 related but are plugin specific I think the help will be VERY limited in scope.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2016, 06:52:50 PM »
Hey Russ, just touching base with you to let you know that I am gathering the information that you wanted me to provide.  For me it is a slow process due to my jobs work schedule. Very little time this week but I will try and get some info together and hopefully I will get some thing out here that you will be able to see that is able to assist me.  I have looked for the book you recommended by Peter Schmitt " CNC Programming Handbook" and I will order it about mid week next week.  I do want to get my own updated version of Mach3 and get a valid license because from what you told me, I don't trust the version and software that came with the machine.  I am trying to contact the place where I bought my machine to get info on the motors and control hardware as you requested but have not heard back from him yet.  Im working on it but as I said it would take some time to gather what you told me to.  Just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten and that again I am so appreciative of your help with my issues at this end.  Thanks and have a great day.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 02:51:20 PM »
Another alternative: I have seen in some MS Excel / Access forums that first you post you question / problem and then someone will come and say for x amount they will solve your problem. Then you decide if you want / can spend the money to get the answer.

I think 1$ a minute in 5 minutes increments will be too expensive unless you are a business. By the time you explain your problem / details / type of cnc etc. 5 minutes will go pretty fast.

I use my cnc as a hobby, have limited experience and I hardly have any questions after the initial setup. I’m thinking a lot of people may be similar and I don’t see anyone investing in the Silver, Gold or Platinum support. On the other hand I don’t mind to pay $10 - $20 a year to have access to this wonderful forum.
Nicolas

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 04:28:51 PM »
Pay for the forum...........not sure we  we want to get like IMS!

Just post the darn problem, give basic information on the system your using, answer questions asked, then do what is suggested.

RICH