Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:14:54 PM

Author Topic: Jogging two axis with one button  (Read 9394 times)

Jogging two axis with one button
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:29:52 AM »
Does anyone know of an easy way to set a keyboard button to jog in two axis at the same time? If there is a way to do it with Brains that would be fine, but I could find and key codes in the brains software.

I have been using the G100 for a couple of months and and have had no trouble so far.

Thanks, Wayne

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Jogging two axis with one button
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 02:50:06 PM »
I take it you are still wanting to have buttons for each individual axis, but also have one button (or two - forward and reverse) to move two axis simultaneously.

You could certainly write a script to do this - I haven't experimented with brains enough to comment, but it should be possible.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 03:47:39 PM »
Can you tell us more about your application? You can slave axis, put vb scribt in a button, maybe assign hotkeys. Lots of ways to get what you want I think. Knowing how it will be used will help others decide the best rout for you.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 08:39:46 PM »
This is for a water jet, A lot of controllers on the market have the function of traversing on a 45 deg angle so it would be like pushing the X++ an and Y++ or other combinations to move in different combinations.

the thing about water jets, plasmas, and other large cutting area machines they typically don't use a and absolute system as they set a new 0,0 when beginning a new program and precision as far as fitting a large piece of granite or marble into a cutting area is done by mostly eye sight and the great line "that's close enough" so often getting to the next cutting point is like lazy people not wanting to push two keys at the same time.

And thanks so much for the help!

Wayne

vmax549

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »
HUM, never tried that but I bet I will tommorrow.(;-)  I do know you can press two keys and get what you want

(;-) tp

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 09:47:22 PM »
Hi, Wayne

Have you looked at the MDI Input line and the MPG window, It pop's up with "ALT" key.

Converted a IR water jet 5' X10' z 22" , Fanuc control to Mach3, Using a wireless key board and mouse.

If your working in Inc G91 then MDI G00 x10 y10 will move you around or add 4 button's to screen's and mpg pop out window.

Hard wire jog pendant, Config Mach to read switch position's and carryout moves.

There are many options, simple or complex.

Just some Thought's, Chip
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:55:04 PM by afn09556 »
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 11:02:51 PM »
I was aware of moving with MDI I was looking for something a little more spontaneous and not having to type in code when a button could be pushed, thanks for trying. Is there a variable table that can be assign to keys using the brains method. I'm allready using the brains to deal with a servo fault situation. Also anybody know of a complete list VB properties, methods, events and constants for the scripting? I have written many stand alone VB apps.

Wayne

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 11:29:01 PM »
Hi, Wayne

Looked at this http://www.machsupport.com/documentation/       MachCustomizeWiki

A Wiki which is being developed to contain all the customization information for Mach3 and Mach IV, Released with details of codes for screen controls and Mach VB script calls on 24 October 2005 Updateable on an ongoing basis by all users. See individual page histories for details

Try Art at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/messages.

Chip

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 11:44:15 PM »
Thanks Chip,
I Copied them all to Excel, that's a big help.

Sat I will play with it.

Wayne

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 12:09:40 AM »
Hi, Wayne

Hears a start, This code in a button will jog x+ y+ together, Just needs  some more code for second click to turn the jog off

"Stop button" works,

Put it in a button 

DoOemButton( 307 )   is  x+
DoOemButton( 309 )   is  y+

Works hear in MPG window Jog Mode set to "Cont" Jog Mode

DoOemButton( 1003 ) is stop

I no this is not your keyboard, Just a Start.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 03:17:08 AM by afn09556 »