Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:25:38 PM

Author Topic: Help Please!!! X and Y axis move in one direction  (Read 2222 times)

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please!!! X and Y axis move in one direction
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 02:16:35 AM »
on Dir- Dir+ at  the driver yous should allways measure 4,5-5V in one direction and 0V in the other.
does not matter what you set for current.
can you pls. post your profile XML and maybe some good pictures from your wiring and jumper settings
at the C10.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 11:16:41 AM »
okay so, I was checking the voltage at the DIR- and DIR+ Pin and got around 1.8 to 2.2v when I press the keypad in one direction and 0.0v when I hit the other direction. But Im assuming that's correct because it's set to half current on the jumpers which is 2.5v. but Im not getting any readings when I press the key towards the opposite direction on all three drivers. But, Z axis is till working in both directions. But, X and Y only work in one directions.

Okay, So I took everything apart and rewired it to make sure everything is getting continuity and is properly set in place. Then I retested the controller box with Mach3 and still am not getting movement in one direction from the X and Y axis. I checked the voltage and it's coming through as 3.6v in one direction and 0.0v in the other direction for all 3 axis and it shows on the jog movements screen on Mach3 but not at the stepper motors. I starting to think it might be a driver issue at this point.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2023, 08:49:27 PM »
A photo of the set up may help, what drives and breakout board are you using etc.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2023, 09:03:28 PM »
on Dir- Dir+ at  the driver yous should allways measure 4,5-5V in one direction and 0V in the other.
does not matter what you set for current.
can you pls. post your profile XML and maybe some good pictures from your wiring and jumper settings
at the C10.
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 09:05:33 PM »
A photo of the set up may help, what drives and breakout board are you using etc.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 10:17:45 PM »
When you power the board on you get a power led and a status led on? If status is off put 5V to EN connection.

You have board set for pins 2 - 9 as OUTPUT

You have the board set for common GND so then pins 2 and 3 go to stepper driver PUL+ and DIR+ and PUL- and DIR- go to COM on the board.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 10:25:38 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2023, 10:36:22 PM »
When you power the board on you get a power led and a status led on? If status is off put 5V to EN connection.

You have board set for pins 2 - 9 as OUTPUT

You have the board set for common GND so then pins 2 and 3 go to stepper driver PUL+ and DIR+ and PUL- and DIR- go to COM on the board.

I get the green leds on the drivers and I do have the C-10 Breakout board set to 2-9 as OUTPUTS. I also have the 2 and 3 connect to PUL+ and DIR+ and PUL- and DIR- is going to COM. I'm trying to upload some more pictures but, I think they are too big or just too much definition which makes it higher than the 6000kb upload restriction.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2023, 02:14:29 AM »
at a first view, your wiring seems to be ok.

try to reconfigure x-axis to pin 8 and 9 and measure the dir pin again, without having the
driver connected. if you get 5v at dir pin there swap the wires and try again.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2023, 01:55:34 PM »
Problem resolved!!!!

So, I ordered (2) DM556 Drivers and they arrived yesterday and I simply swapped all my wiring to the new ones and everything is working well now. I just have to do some motor tuning and gib screw adjusting which is all setting based and fine tuning work. Thanks to everyone who reached out and gave me an advice. It is highly appreciated.

Thanks.